The online racing simulator
Small Script Problem
(5 posts, started )
Small Script Problem
Hello Everyone,

I've been a Demo Racer for a few weeks now and completely fell in love with LFS, so I went S2!! (Start/Settings/Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs/GTR Evolution-> REMOVE!!!) haha!

Anyway, I have been enjoying setting up the game almost as much as playing it. I have gotten into some script writing as well. But I've run into a small problem that i cant figure out.

The idea: I hate that if I stall, i have to press the ignition button twice to get her going again. I wanted to make a little script that would press the ignition twice for one button press on my G25. Seemed easy enough, but i cant get it to work. Here are my scripts, tell me if know why this isnt working.

autoexec.lfs

/button 0 reset
/button 1 pit_speed
/button 2 tc_disable
/button 3 ctrl_f5
/button 6 ctrl_f12
/button 15 ctrl_f6
/button 16 zoom_out
/button 17 ctrl_f7
/button 18 zoom_in
/button 32 ctrl_f1
/button 33 ctrl_f2
/button 34 ctrl_f3
/button 35 ctrl_f4
/button 7 ctrl_f8 <-----igniton button

/ctrlf 12 /run viewF9
/ctrlf 5 /shift r
/ctrlf 6 /press p
/ctrlf 7 /press v
/ctrlf 1 /press up
/ctrlf 2 /press right
/ctrlf 3 /press down
/ctrlf 4 /press left
/ctrlf 8 /run starter <-----ignition script

starter.lfs

/press I
/press I
/echo test

p.s. not to highjack my own thread but, is there a way to automatically change my G25's Degrees of Rotation when i change cars. All the cars are setup to their true rotation in game, but every time i switch cars i have to go the Logitech profiler to match it to the car. I searched but couldnt find anything.

Thanks so much for the help in advance. See you at the track (when i get waaaay better)

JPryor27
Not sure about the script, but for the revolution thing, set up 720 degrees in profiler, then go into options>controls, it'll say "Wheel turn" and set this to 720. Then set "wheel turn compensation" to 1.00.
Bump
Thanks for the help S14 Drift. That definitely works to get the wheel rotations to match. The thing i really don't like about that solution is that the wheel will continue to rotate IRL past the in game wheel. So during a spin or drift the FFB will rotate the wheel all 720, then to control it you have to turn the wheel (against the FFB) back a number of degrees before the game will begin to recognize it. It makes it harder to control, IMO. I like the feel of the G25's mechanical stops telling me that steering lock has occurred. I guess I'm looking for a solution that adjusts the profiler each time. Not sure if its possible.

Any suggestions on my script problem? That one baffles me.
Not sure about the Script as I said, have you considered using Logitech Profiler to achieve the same effect? Open it, choose the relevant button you want, click it, then click "Select Command". Click "record" and then press "I" twice. Then save it and make sure you apply it to the profile, so it actually works.

Should do, anyway. :hide:
Thanks again. I will do that. It does bother me to have solutions in two different locations. (I'm anal retentive) I cant understand why it wont work. Anyway, i wont really use it that often anyhow.

Small Script Problem
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG