Poll : Please rate my skin 1=worst best 6=best

4 points
3 points
5 points
2 points
0 points
1 point
working on personal skins pack
FZR 96% finished. I tryed to make a "real" looking race car skin. Right now i'm not sure if i should go on with the other cars. That's why i would like to know what you think about the skin.
Attached images
004.jpg
#2 - Vain
Nice skin. Did you try to raise the saturation of the blck parts? It looks a bit too grey in my opinion (just my opinion ).

Vain
It's nearly black (hex: 0F0F0F), i tryed (hex: FFFFFF) it dosn't look good.
Exellent skins, but you know, they all look the same to me. The styling of the way people make the skins like these just look the same and very boring to me now.
#5 - ajp71
Nearly there but I think adding dirt would be a nice touch.
#6 - Smax
Make a 1024 sq version of that and view it in the game as oppsed to the CMX viewer. I have a horrible feeling that those thin red stripes are gonna look totally screwed.

I've recently discovered that the CMX viewer renders skins at a better quality than the game does, and since jpg compression really doesn't like bright red anyway, the game has a nasty habit of turning your nice thin red stripes into blocky mixed up messes of colours.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5131

This topic contains an example, and the same thing happened to a FOX skin I've recently created, so the problem isn't model specific.
It's only particularly noticeable very close to the car, but when you are that close boy does it look nasty....
Quote from Smax :Make a 1024 sq version of that and view it in the game as oppsed to the CMX viewer. I have a horrible feeling that those thin red stripes are gonna look totally screwed.

I've recently discovered that the CMX viewer renders skins at a better quality than the game does, and since jpg compression really doesn't like bright red anyway, the game has a nasty habit of turning your nice thin red stripes into blocky mixed up messes of colours.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=5131

This topic contains an example, and the same thing happened to a FOX skin I've recently created, so the problem isn't model specific.
It's only particularly noticeable very close to the car, but when you are that close boy does it look nasty....

you were right even making the lines thicker didn't help much and other things are scrwed too (like my name it's white and not that thin)
hopefully it will work again after the next patch, i already made skin with thin lines and never had such problems.

edit:
i tested a bit more, it's not because it's a thin red line it also happens with green and blue
#8 - Smax
It seems that 2048sq skins don't suffer this problem in game, so it's not the end of the world, since if you're racing online than people are only gonna see the Low res 512sq, and if you're not then you can use your 2048 sq skins for screengrabs anyway.
Never finished my personal skin pack. Tryed something new last weekend, not sure if it's better

#11 - Jakg
you made sure that "skin compression" isn't enabled in LFS?
Not sure if i'll finish the pack

both skins are still wip
I think they look good.

working on personal skins pack
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG