The online racing simulator
Maybe crash phisics are not that bad at all ...
That's just my thought after watching this video ... that looks so LFS'ish.

... dont take it too serious 'cause I think those rocketeering up the sky is the only feature I hate in LFS.
Attached files
1.zip - 880.2 KB - 451 views
Bear in mind that the car in that looks pretty ridgid and we have no idea what speed its at, but I do agree it looks familiar.
I just hope the collision problems which cause these rapid moon flights are fixed in the next patch... or as soon as possible. IMO in LFS the crashes look pretty good until the cars start to fly or flip over.
Better than Adam Malysz lol.
Those flights are mainly caused by lag.
They are mainly caused by the games collision detection as far as I'm aware. You still go flying offline when you hit a barrier at a Auto X track.

Keiran
Yup its most likely to be a collision detection problem. I know theres a MASSIVE number of posts on this at least by myself, and some stuff which we tried to work out how the engine works roughly; http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=2148
Well, it's been mentionned how collisions are controlled by 'springs',
the problem i think is the lack of damping. Adding a damper should
fix most collision peaks which is what sends objects into warp mode.
#9 - richy
the barriers have a pinball table feel to them, the concrete walls feel solid, if you hit them in 6th gear youll go flying but usually feel solid enough.

it feels like those barriers and certain things ping you back like a bumper in pinball just a fraction too much? maybe off the cars too?

is that the springs you meant, or is it caused by the springs on the car???
#10 - neRu
Another post, not very old, complained about the gravel, which is not stop-ish enough. I think it looks like the car is skipping here too, though
if you hit a wall at like 150mph+ there should be no car left.
lol that video isnt showing much.. all i see is a car hit some 'ramp' and go flying..
Quote from Fonnybone :Well, it's been mentionned how collisions are controlled by 'springs',
the problem i think is the lack of damping. Adding a damper should
fix most collision peaks which is what sends objects into warp mode.

i think you hit the nail on the head 'ol boy. those red'n'whites are fun tho'

the car/car collision is a pretty good apart from the nasty 'lag bounces' you get when another car momentarily spawns inside another car, it's the LFS version of getting telefragged
Those red and white edit barriers are an issue, but the crashes in lfs are awesome, especially the moon flights. If your going to wreck out or just crash for fun, why not have it be spectacular instead of lame? A nice contrast to the realistic driving physics. The minor damage system is nearly if not perfect anyway and thats what matters mainly to me since your still in the race with only minor damage.
Quote from Primoz :Those flights are mainly caused by lag.

LOL that's a good one.
Quote from Theafro :the car/car collision is a pretty good apart from the nasty 'lag bounces' you get when another car momentarily spawns inside another car, it's the LFS version of getting telefragged

indeed a extremely good comparison ... wonder why nobody ever thought of that before
I'm sure they did, but i like stating the obvious

<OT>
back in my yoof (when Quake2 was NEW) we made a map the consisted almost entierly of spawn points, great fun, a bit like a lottery tho, and you'd get chain reactions of Gib flying evrywhere. mwahahaha
</OT>
#19 - Vain

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG