The online racing simulator
i got a problem with my momo
(16 posts, started )
Hello racers !... here is the problem ... i took my momo out of its box and tried to make it work ( didnt work anymore) and i find that i am missing one of the most important things for it .... i dont have the cd !!!! i probably lost it when i moved .. =( . so now i need to put my house upside down and search more hardly or download the content of the cd from the internet .. because without it i am screwed... badly.

if anyone can help ... thank u in advance
You don't need the CD. You rarely need the driver disc/disk for hardware anymore. Usually it's out of-date anyway and there's a newer version available online.

Go to the Logitech website and download drivers from there.

Oh and wrong forum.
oh okay ... thx !

and i posted it here coz i didnt know in what subforum go so here it was my only place to go ....

takumi : in that link in the 3rd box that appears what is the difference between the multilingual 32bit and the 64 ?
Quote from el pibe :oh okay ... thx !

and i posted it here coz i didnt know in what subforum go so here it was my only place to go ....

takumi : in that link in the 3rd box that appears what is the difference between the multilingual 32bit and the 64 ?

Vista/XP 32-bit or 64-bit.
uh... i dont know ...

all i know is that i have XP media center edition ..... -.-"
Quote from el pibe :uh... i dont know ...

all i know is that i have media center edition ..... -.-"

media center edition is XP right?

Download XP version 32-bit

If you have windows vista then download also the 32-bit
how new is your computer? i think the 32bit should work on both either way... feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.
Quote from bunder9999 :how new is your computer? i think the 32bit should work on both either way... feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

Don't know, But Im sure that he has 32-bit version.
Quote from bunder9999 :how new is your computer? i think the 32bit should work on both either way... feel free to correct me if i'm wrong.

comp is about 1 or 2 years old ... i will try with the 32.

edit :

there must be something wrong with my wheel coz my computer dosent detect it
Quote from el pibe :

there must be something wrong with my wheel coz my computer dosent detect it

Couple of basic question but here goes....
  • Are all the cables intact?
  • Can anything else be detected (MP3 player/joystick) in the same USB slot as the wheel?
  • Is there any hardware conflicts detected?
  • Not sure if there are any small lights on the MOMO like there is on the G25 H-shifter but if any do they light up when connected to the PC?
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Couple of basic question but here goes....
  • Are all the cables intact?
  • Can anything else be detected (MP3 player/joystick) in the same USB slot as the wheel?
  • Is there any hardware conflicts detected?
  • Not sure if there are any small lights on the MOMO like there is on the G25 H-shifter but if any do they light up when connected to the PC?

1) the cables are intact
2) i have my ipod and printer connected to the other USB ports ... should i disconnect them ?
3) i dont think so
4)there is two LED's on the wheel , one lights up when i connect my wheel to my computer . the other one is for the FFB
sounds like you dont have the power supply for the FFB plugged in. Try that.
Quote from el pibe :1) the cables are intact
2) i have my ipod and printer connected to the other USB ports ... should i disconnect them ?
3) i dont think so
4)there is two LED's on the wheel , one lights up when i connect my wheel to my computer . the other one is for the FFB

I'll assume that the Ipod works in the same USB slot as the wheel, and no you don't need to disconnect them.

To check for a possible hardware conflict, click: Start > Control Panel > System > Choose the Hardware Tab > Click Device Manager - if there is a conflict there will be a yellow question mark on one of the drop done list, most likely on the 'USB section' if there is a conflict.

Also check Control Panel > Game Controls. (although that may bring nothing tbh)

Apart from that I'm out of ideas, might be worth trying the wheel on another PC if possible to see if it's the wheel or a dodgy connection.

Best of luck mate.
This will sound kinda weird but I also had this.

I fixed up by taking off all cables from my pc and pressed 10 times on the on off button. After that plug it all and boot it up.

Kinda weird but someone told be that and it DID work.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :I'll assume that the Ipod works in the same USB slot as the wheel, and no you don't need to disconnect them.

To check for a possible hardware conflict, click: Start > Control Panel > System > Choose the Hardware Tab > Click Device Manager - if there is a conflict there will be a yellow question mark on one of the drop done list, most likely on the 'USB section' if there is a conflict.

Also check Control Panel > Game Controls. (although that may bring nothing tbh)

Apart from that I'm out of ideas, might be worth trying the wheel on another PC if possible to see if it's the wheel or a dodgy connection.

Best of luck mate.

thanks for help but it didnt work..... i guess i should go to some gaming shop and see if they can repair it or something.

@takumi : i will try your solution later

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG