The online racing simulator
Live For Speed: The Movie
(27 posts, started )
Live For Speed: The Movie
Hello, I am making a movie in South City were 4 People meet and race in the streets, it will be somthing like fast and furious. There is a really good editor on our team who can add motion blur, nos effects, voices, and music. If you would like to help add propilot_born_to_fly@hotmail.com

We need:

3 Street Racers

5 Traffic/Parked

and thats it. Thanks For Your Time
I suggest you change the title/name of your movie.

LFS: The Movie sounds like an official movie of LFS and it should feature some top notch racing footages in there, basically any good part of LFS should be included (on race tracks), not this "street racing with NOS, Fast and Furious style" kinda thing (though you are doing it on a LFS race track, but you're trying to imitate real life ILLEGAL street racing). It's a disgrace to LFS.

Not saying you shouldn't do this movie, after all its just for entertainment, but seriously, change your movie name to something else like LFS: Street Racing or something instead of "The Movie".
Quote from StanleyCarter :I suggest you change the title/name of your movie.

LFS: The Movie sounds like an official movie of LFS and it should feature some top notch racing footages in there, basically any good part of LFS should be included, not this "street racing with NOS, Fast and Furious style" kinda thing. It's a disgrace to LFS.

I'm serious, change your movie name to something else like LFS: Street Racing or something instead of "The Movie".

I agree I'm for responsible racing, and the last thing I want to see LFS encouraging is street racing
Ok, thanks for your input, i will change it to LFS:Street Racing.
-
LFS:Street Racing (-YR-BDINGU) DELETED by -YR-BDINGU
What happens of one of the members has a hi pitched voice.
Is it me, or is this the most saddest thing you have ever heard in your life?
I think it would be cool, but DON'T, I repeat, DON'T even DARE to name it: Live for Speed: The Movie...
name it something like:
III fast III furious or
Made for Speed or something.
But DON'T name it Live for Speed: The Movie.
I'd actually like to take part in this, I added you.
#9 - jtr99
Who gets to be "traffic / parked"? Is that like being picked last for the football team or what?
I'd like to be a streetracer in your movie
Wonder if they make one with demo drivers in?
my thoghts are that you should maybe do a street race type thing, but show one car crashing into a parked car, and showing the dangers of:
A: streetracing in the city, and in general
B: dont park on the side of the bloody track during arace
Quote from v4forlife :my thought's are that you should maybe do a street race type thing, but show one car crashing into a parked car, and showing the dangers of:
A: street racing in the city, and in general

Am with you there i agree
#14 - Jakg
Quote from v4forlife :my thoghts are that you should maybe do a street race type thing, but show one car crashing into a parked car, and showing the dangers of:
A: streetracing in the city, and in general

hmmm, just have a line of parked cars, then have one indicate and pull out, just show the damage street racing can cause innocents!
Oh no, this movie is going to bring us lots of NFSU noobies...
Quote from Jakg :hmmm, just have a line of parked cars, then have one indicate and pull out, just show the damage street racing can cause innocents!

Hmmm, sounds like the "teh Carl is Back" movie by DoN.
#17 - Jakg
well, theres a sever up if you want to do it! i would, but got 2 hours to do two 1,500 word essays on a play to which i dont have the script. Fun.
I happen to be a NFS player and I would suggest traffic if there are parked cars. Do NOT do cops or it will be tooo cheap. NFSU and NFSU2 were too overtuned and do nothing that was in those games.
Please don't call it Live For Speed: The Movie There are already loads too many people who view it as a F&F simulator

Just a thought: how are you going to contend with the fact that these streets are covered with billboards and barriers and other race-type stuff? Just thinking of a similar South City movie I saw a while ago (might've even been made with LFS S1 - and it did have cops, which didn't really look all that cool) which wasn't all that convincing...but don't get me wrong, I wish you all the best

And I agree with Rappa - no NFS content please. At all
If you have people race in the streets of South City, it has already been done hundreds of times, and it can only be done so well. Don't do it. Besides, the streets of South City are obviously converted to look like a race track, so it is kind of pointless to try and create a 'street scene'.

If you are going to have the movie take the title "Live For Speed: The Movie", you should focus on the game as a whole. Show every car, every track, and show all other aspects of the game as much as possible. THAT would be 'The Movie' in my book.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hey, I've played both "traffic" and "parked" in the past, and I received all manner of plaudits, especially for my portrayal of the parked car. It's not just the way I remain completely stationary for the entire performance, but the conviction with which I demonstrate the deliberate immobilisation of the vehicle. Audiences truly believed that the car was parked, and not simply stopped for some other reason, abandoned or what have you. It was very powerful. Many were reduced to tears.

I fell over.
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's not just the way I remain completely stationary for the entire performance, but the conviction with which I demonstrate the deliberate immobilisation of the vehicle. Audiences truly believed that the car was parked, and not simply stopped for some other reason, abandoned or what have you. It was very powerful. Many were reduced to tears.

:uglyhamme yes it surely was not an easy task, simply moving the steering wheel slightly is all it would take to ruin the performance and shatter the assumption of the viewer that the car in question is indeed parked.
If only there was a "best supporting non-driver in a game-based production" category at the Oscars...thisnameistaken, you're a true pioneer
Quote from thisnameistaken :Hey, I've played both "traffic" and "parked" in the past, and I received all manner of plaudits, especially for my portrayal of the parked car. It's not just the way I remain completely stationary for the entire performance, but the conviction with which I demonstrate the deliberate immobilisation of the vehicle. Audiences truly believed that the car was parked, and not simply stopped for some other reason, abandoned or what have you. It was very powerful. Many were reduced to tears.

Truly you are the Larry Olivier of South City.
If your still in the street racing and are using cockpit views I suggest using an FXR skin from http://liveforspeedskins.tk, it is very street with NOS, speakers, GPS, and a DVD player. Very nice. How about having parked cars pull onto the road and pull off like in a city. I'm sreadin' my name through LFS.

Package
FXO Tuning Kit
-Xenon headlights
-masked backlights
-Deluxe 'FZ50' interior (wood)
-metal plate on floor
-NOS tanks under seats
-Ipaq + TomTom navigation + bluetooth GPS
-DVD player
-Audiobahn Soundsysteem
-2 amplifiers
-2 Audiobahn Subwoofers