The online racing simulator
Proof of Global Warming
(31 posts, started )
#26 - 5haz
Global warming may through some complex altering of ocean currents may end up shutting down the Gulf Stream, making us colder here in the Uk anway.

Theres no such thing as global warming, the correct term is climate change, because not everywhere in the whole world will warm up, wether humans have a big effect on the change of climate is debatable, although if you listen to certain people they will throw their arms about in fury about how we are single handedly causing it all, but i'm sure there are other causes too.
Quote from 5haz :Global warming may through some complex altering of ocean currents may end up shutting down the Gulf Stream, making us colder here in the Uk anway.

Theres no such thing as global warming, the correct term is climate change, because not everywhere in the whole world will warm up, wether humans have a big effect on the change of climate is debatable, although if you listen to certain people they will throw their arms about in fury about how we are single handedly causing it all, but i'm sure there are other causes too.

But if you listen to those same people you'll find out that they fake data. Just last month it came out that they used the same data for the average temperature for Russia over two months meaning that the second month was record-breaking cold as a result of climate change.

Data is only as trust worthy as the people giving you it. When was the last time you looked at crime statistics and said "wow, crime really is on the way down"?
Quote from 5haz :although if you listen to certain people they will throw their arms about in fury about how we are single handedly causing it all, but i'm sure there are other causes too.

Cows.

They're out to kill us with their environment unfriendly bumgas.
Quote from durbster :His film was based on the results of the largest international study into the subject there has ever been. That's hardly "unsubstantiated and unproveable".

it was a heavily biased study, therefore in my eyes what it set out to prove it didn't
Quote from mookie427 :it was a heavily biased study, therefore in my eyes what it set out to prove it didn't

Nevertheless, it was still done and the findings have been presented and made publically available and yet those arguing to the contrary still remain a tiny minority.

The detail, consequences and scale will always be debatable (it's still science at the end of the day ) but as far as I can see, the majority of those people who actually know what they're talking about are saying that the climate is being affected by human activity. And importantly, they've been saying it for many years now i.e. before it became fashionable.

For me, it's not that hard to believe. Nature is a perfectly balanced network of elements that all rely on each other. If you remove one, it often has an effect all the way down the chain. If you fly over Europe, there's very little land that hasn't been changed in some way by humans. If England was once almost entirely trees and now it's almost entirely fields, that's surely going to have some kind of impact on the atmosphere.

What's equally convincing is that there's a lot of money to be made from this new industry so I think you're right to be wary of the motives.
Quote from durbster :What's equally convincing is that there's a lot of money to be made from this new industry so I think you're right to be wary of the motives.

<sarcasm>
Yeah! Luckily for us the Competitive Enterprise Institute has set out to restore truth through this amazing commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGKvDNdJNA

</sarcasm>

CEI = Exxon, Mobil, Ford, General Motors, Pfizer

And some of those same companies are going to get money from the US government to avoid going belly up - isn't that plain brilliant?

Proof of Global Warming
(31 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG