The online racing simulator
G25 drifting help...
(6 posts, started )
G25 drifting help...
Hi all..

I got a G25 on xmas and I'm learning to drift again, but this time with the G25 instead of mouse..

It's so hard.. implausable i think is the word for it. Can someone that uses G25 for drifting please tell me what settings they use, and maybe provide screenshots?

Any help appreciated.

I know you guys are probs sick of these questions but I searched and didn't find. Sorry!

Blake
Well you wouldn't believe me.

I use

160%
100%
100%

0%

900 degrees.

And in-game I use 40-75% (depending on car)

It all goes on how the wheel feels to you... If you have trouble turning it, too slow turning it... you'll just have to adjust it.
#3 - Sm0k3
the best settings are:

105%

0%

0%

0%

Then I would recommend to start with small degrees and start slowly to raise the level.

I use 30-40% in game FFB. I think that feels the most realistic, and I was once told by and older player that if you use settings like that, all the bumbs and stuff feel. When you start to rise the other stuff g25 cant give all the information trough anymore, so use just the overall strength.
#4 - Woz
I use 720 lock on the wheel and wheel comp 1 so the rotation matches the car. I use 101% force on the wheel and 40% in game.

Drifting like any other car control is about balance. Learn when to let the wheel spin on its own and when to fight the FFB. Also learn to balance the car with your right foot.
It's different in a game, you have to learn completely differently. I don't actually have a RWD at hand now... But I have drifted before, and it's a lot easier because of the G forces. You can feel the car start to slide, how much it's sliding and ETC ETC.

I actually have a Turbo Neon(SRT-4) Not a great car, but it's decently fast... plus with gas prices now. It's good on mileage.
Quote from runeman :It's different in a game, you have to learn completely differently. I don't actually have a RWD at hand now... But I have drifted before, and it's a lot easier because of the G forces. You can feel the car start to slide, how much it's sliding and ETC ETC.

It's not completely different, actually the only major difference is the lack of g-forces, which you have to accumulate into, which in turn is easier because the conditions in LFS are still unfortunately pretty generic.

Quote from runeman :I actually have a Turbo Neon(SRT-4) Not a great car, but it's decently fast... plus with gas prices now. It's good on mileage.

Why did you have to state this here? At least go enlarge your e-penis in one of DHRammstein's topics or something...

G25 drifting help...
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG