Closed since :
Gran Turismo 5
GRID
This or That? (GRID vs. Gran Turismo 5)
Okay! here's the next one.
GRID?
or
Gran Turismo 5?
GT5... even if it ain't out. The GRID driving engine is just so.... weird!
Quote from Furiously-Fast :GT5... even if it ain't out. The GRID driving engine is just so.... weird!

Yeah.. now i think about it GT5 is better.. But a bit hard.
Gran Turismo 5 is not out yet but Gran Turismo 5 prologue is undoubtedly far far better than GRID. I bought GRID stupidly. What a disappointment that was. I cannot believe the amount of people I hear saying GRID is the best driving game evaaah! Seems to be mainly 12 year olds on youtube videos though. GT5 prologue is actually pretty good. The physics feel much better to me than previous versions and lean much more towards lfs than nfs. I expect the full version will be a lot better than prologue too.
GT5 is.. acceptably realistic. Once you get used to it, each car has a very distinct feel. It's everything GT4 wasn't.
Saw a vid on youtube where they compared it. I choose for GriD
Whatever GRID is, it don't feel like no driving game to me!
Quote from RossUK :Whatever GRID is, it don't feel like no driving game to me!

It's a simulator. A hovercraft simulator.

@bose - You mean one of those vids uploaded by a nine year old who thinks GRID is the best thing since sliced bread because it has more bloom than any other game ever invented ?
Quote from Gills4life :It's a simulator. A hovercraft simulator.

@bose - You mean one of those vids uploaded by a nine year old who thinks GRID is the best thing since sliced bread because it has more bloom than any other game ever invented ?

Haha, can't remember. But I find GT5 not really a Sim, not that I do find GRiD a sim, but GT5 looks boring.
GT5 is pretty good fun, my mate has prolouge and we play on it alot. It's like GT4 but with interior views and more HDness
Feels much better to drive than GT4 to me. Just more natural. Not as much crazy impossible to correct understeer that I have discovered as of yet.
Yeah that is quite bad I do hope the fix that in the full version or possibly in one of the prologue spec updates.
I like GT5. I think the physics in the game are becoming more realistic. The physics Strangely feel a lot like LFS to me
Quote from S14 DRIFT :GT5 is.. acceptably realistic. Once you get used to it, each car has a very distinct feel. It's everything GT4 wasn't.

Somewhat true, but some cars feel close to the same.
Quote from runeman :Somewhat true, but some cars feel close to the same.

S14 DRIFT is right. Every car feels very different in some way. When you change car it take some time to reagust to that cars performance. I like that in a game. I supose what I am trying to say is that it's not easy.
GT5 is good for driving cars you saw on Topgear etc against a mate and it is fun for a while drifting Ferraris or chucking FWD kei cars/hatchbacks around Eiger, but for singleplayer racing action, GRID is much more fun.

Merry Christmas all by the way!
Grid is fun if you're playing with the keys and not worrying about whether it's up to todays standards in realism. It's not a game to be taken seriously. Not played GT5 but it looks pretty good on paper (decent physics, very nice graphics).
i voted for Grid because unlike the other choice, claiming somethings a real simulator doesn't make it so.

Everytime a new GT comes out i have a go hoping it has improved, learnt from that the hard way i guess.
Quote from wabbit :i voted for Grid because unlike the other choice, claiming somethings a real simulator doesn't make it so.

Everytime a new GT comes out i have a go hoping it has improved, learnt from that the hard way i guess.

Unlike the Toca series which for most of their games claimed was, "the real racing simulator".
Quote from Gills4life :Unlike the Toca series which for most of their games claimed was, "the real racing simulator".

Thats fair enough, remember the poll is between Grid & GT. I checked the Grid site and all it mentions from what i saw was "Its all about the Race". Thats fine by me, im glad its not trying to claim like GT is.
Quote from wabbit :Thats fair enough, remember the poll is between Grid & GT. I checked the Grid site and all it mentions from what i saw was "Its all about the Race". Thats fine by me, im glad its not trying to claim like GT is.

GT claims what it is trying to be. It is trying to be a simulation and it does simulate a lot of things well. GRID is not even trying to be a sim so obviously it wouldn't claim to be.
I got GRID out of well I saw the game and though it would be awesome as, Got into the game Racing side sucks ass for KB same with the drifitng side but the Graphics are awesome. GT5 and all that they just seem so.... slow.. When you got cars to tear around in from Muscle cars to Le mans 24 Hr in GRID and GT5 you got the Toyota corolla to race with and going ever so slow, But If anyone wants GRID and is in AUS I'll sell you mine :P (Dont play it no more, LFS brought me back)
Neither personally, both games are bloomed and "HDRI"'d to all crud. However, if you like drifting I guess maybe GRID is OK.
lol, if you like drifting, you'll get GT5p

This or That? (GRID vs. Gran Turismo 5)
(54 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG