The online racing simulator
toyota forecast loss !
(15 posts, started )
toyota forecast loss !
not directly a racing subject but may have major ramifications for F1

toyota have forecst that they will make a loss for the first time in 71 years

the loss is expected to be circa £1 billion
#2 - JCTK
Quote from tinvek :not directly a racing subject but may have major ramifications for F1

toyota have forecst that they will make a loss for the first time in 71 years

the loss is expected to be circa £1 billion

they are just accounting numbers.

there are too much accountants can do with the numbers, and it is only normal to suddenly "adjust some of the expenses" or adjust some "values of the assets" during the recession, and then blame the "loss" on the recession~
To be honest I think it is because they sold so many of their Prius in the last few years, the "loss" is being compared to how great their sales where in those previous quarters.

If I drive home late at night, I guarantee you that if I were to see 20 cars on the highway, 75% of them will be a Prius. Damn Prius....

As for F1, 09 is really starting to look as if it is headed into a very dark hole.
Why must Motorsports be hit soo bloody hard by this recession why can't they attack football or something..
Well it's obvious isn't it. Kicking a ball around doesn't require burning any oil, so obviously it's envirnomentally friendly.
#6 - JCTK
Quote from Mustafur :Why must Motorsports be hit soo bloody hard by this recession why can't they attack football or something..

football, all the money goes to the player/coaches/whoever.

motorsport, not only do u need to pay the driver, you also need to operate a whole team of people, keep a factory or workshop of some sort running, buy some tyres (some get theirs sponsored), burn some oil/petrol (some get theirs sponsored), transports equipments all over the world (where as footballs only need to transport the people involved, and some balls, and some shirts), and the list would goes on....
Well it's hardly surprising. I suspect a large portion of Toyota's sales is in the states, and with the states sliding ever faster into a depression it won't be a real market for car manufacturers for quite a few years.

Can't be long now to hear the announcement of a few more F1 teams dropping out surely.

at this rate the 2009 F1 WDC will resemble that famous Indy race of 05
Quote from JCTK :football, all the money goes to the player/coaches/whoever.

motorsport, not only do u need to pay the driver, you also need to operate a whole team of people, keep a factory or workshop of some sort running, buy some tyres (some get theirs sponsored), burn some oil/petrol (some get theirs sponsored), transports equipments all over the world (where as footballs only need to transport the people involved, and some balls, and some shirts), and the list would goes on....

So in football you need to pay salaries, equipment, rent and fuel etc. But in motorsports you need to pay salaries, equipment, rent and fuel and it's different? There is no difference in what is paid, it is the who that pays that makes the difference

Quote from Intrepid :Can't be long now to hear the announcement of a few more F1 teams dropping out surely.

at this rate the 2009 F1 WDC will resemble that famous Indy race of 05

Bollocks. Mclaren, Ferrari and BMW are in along with red bull and renault. Only thing that is missing is some slow and characterless team (honda). To compare that to some past f1 race where there was one winning team and few losing teams makes no comparison to even start with. Tbh. I miss super aguri more than I miss honda.
Quote from Hyperactive :Bollocks. Mclaren, Ferrari and BMW are in along with red bull and renault. Only thing that is missing is some slow and characterless team (honda). To compare that to some past f1 race where there was one winning team and few losing teams makes no comparison to even start with. Tbh. I miss super aguri more than I miss honda.

Give it 12 months and most F1 teams will be questioning their involvement in F1. By then many teams would have realised that we are slumping into a depression here in the UK, as well as other European countries. I can not begin to describe the magnitude of the sh1t we are in. And like over bloated companies, F1 just isn't small and nimble enough to react with the times.
Quote from Intrepid :Give it 12 months and most F1 teams will be questioning their involvement in F1. By then many teams would have realised that we are slumping into a depression here in the UK, as well as other European countries. I can not begin to describe the magnificent of the sh1t we are in. And like over bloated companies, F1 just isn't small and nimble enough to react with the times.

Well, give it 12 months and sure it may look different. But you were talking about '09.
#11 - JCTK
Quote from Hyperactive :So in football you need to pay salaries, equipment, rent and fuel etc. But in motorsports you need to pay salaries, equipment, rent and fuel and it's different? There is no difference in what is paid, it is the who that pays that makes the difference

Bollocks. Mclaren, Ferrari and BMW are in along with red bull and renault. Only thing that is missing is some slow and characterless team (honda). To compare that to some past f1 race where there was one winning team and few losing teams makes no comparison to even start with. Tbh. I miss super aguri more than I miss honda.

but there are differences as to how often football teams go around the globe, how many people they need to send out each time, and do they need to operate their own factory~?
I'm just guessing the expenses involved would be different in nature (slightly), and perhaps different in amounts.

as for who that pays, it's sponsors, and people buying merchandises, I guess there're not much difference there is it~? just that football teams get to keep the money they got from ticket sales (?).
By shares in VAG go go go!
Quote from tinvek :too late, porsche got there first !!

yea, Germans and their bloody efficiency!

toyota forecast loss !
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG