The online racing simulator
G25 Gear selction problem
(17 posts, started )
I somehof have lost 1st and second gear, in the options setup when I change into "1st gear" the game shows [8] and after it it should say 1st gear. Same with second.

Its working on all the others? any idea.
try assigning them again in the options menu
Quote from skolekaj :try assigning them again in the options menu

Been trying all afternoon, all it tells me is its key 8 and 9, dont give em an option to asign anythig else.

is there a way fo doing it manualy, I looked in the config script
#4 - TG44
maybe the electronics inside it have given in... if you don't figure out a way to get it working then i guess you better send it back where you bought it from to get a new one.. if there's warranty left..
assign it here. theres nothing wrong with your shifter
Attached images
Unavngivet2.JPG
Quote from skolekaj :assign it here. theres nothing wrong with your shifter

Err I have tried that mate, thats what I am trying to say, it wont let me assign 1st gear to button 8, in fact the shifter option is missing from my options completely
Attached images
shift.JPG
GEAR SHIFT MODE - SHIFTER

:doh:
What S14 said.

Or:

The G25 has some problems with the gear shifter so you may want to contact them in order to get a replacement.
#10 - TG44
he is trying to tell that the first and second gear on the shifter gives a "button 8" signal to the PC... :doh:...

the shifter must have electrical problems... you should check if you get the correct gears in the profiler/game controller settings in windows.. (if you already havent..) if you still get wrong gears then i guess it's broken..
Quote from TG44 :he is trying to tell that the first and second gear on the shifter gives a "button 8" signal to the PC... :doh:...

the shifter must have electrical problems... you should check if you get the correct gears in the profiler/game controller settings in windows.. (if you already havent..) if you still get wrong gears then i guess it's broken..

It wouldn't work unless he's selected the shift mode as H-Patten rather than sequential, because it only has change up and change down, not individual gears.
#13 - TG44
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It wouldn't work unless he's selected the shift mode as H-Patten rather than sequential, because it only has change up and change down, not individual gears.

oh darn... i've missunderstood him completely.. should've read more carefully :doh:

I thought that the shifter was giving the same button id for both 1st and 2nd gear... as he said that all the others work.. i guess he meant other buttons then.. instead of gears...

...my bad just completely ignore me...

(btw maybe you should post a pic with the shifter mode marked just incase he doesn't get it)
See attached file.
Attached images
untitled.JPG
Quote from S14 DRIFT :See attached file.

yep. both are checked. I got it going useing sequencial, just tried to use shifter again, now the game wont change gears in game no matter what I do.
It'll only work in H-Pattern cars. Try it in a BF1 or something and it wouldn't.. What car are you using?
g25

I cant get it to use anything now. no matter what I select.

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG