The online racing simulator
Using same pitbox in race/qualify
I have a idea: In LFS you can choose any of those pitboxes to pit and repairing/refuelling a car...

But what about if:

...if every racer has a "solid" pitbox, so you can´t anymore choosing it...

And if beginners need help or don´t remember what number of pitbox it was, I think it can be shown : /w pitnum = show your number of pitbox to pit

what opinion? I think this is more realistic for racing

HINT: If still can´t get about what number it was, pressing 4 shows your racingline but also your pitbox as a red. would be a bit easier
Quote from UnknownMaster21 :I have a idea: In LFS you can choose any of those pitboxes to pit and repairing/refuelling a car...

But what about if:

...if every racer has a "solid" pitbox, so you can´t anymore choosing it...

And if beginners need help or don´t remember what number of pitbox it was, I think it can be shown : /w pitnum = show your number of pitbox to pit

what opinion? I think this is more realistic for racing

HINT: If still can´t get about what number it was, pressing 4 shows your racingline but also your pitbox as a red. would be a bit easier

that would be a bit complecated! just think a bout that: we have 31000 members when i remember correctly, it would be a big mess if 1000 ppl would have teh same pit
so if we would have a solid pit it must be changed every start!
Properly done pitting certainly is an improvement I look forward to seeing, in the future it may be possible to do something like this atm as well, but will require coding. I remember Filur being able to detect the pit exit line and who crossed it ( = penalty). It could be possible to allocate a pit box for each player with something like this, and pop a system message or an rcm_ply with the pit box number up when someone enters the pit area.

Would be far easier if it was in-built with a clear way of identifying your own pit box

Quote from John5200 :that would be a bit complecated! just think a bout that: we have 31000 members when i remember correctly, it would be a big mess if 1000 ppl would have teh same pit

Obviously not how it would work. For leagues pit boxes would be assigned per team or driver number, and pickup races by playerid.
The first time I tried to pit in LFS, I didn't know what to do with myself. I drove through several times because no one told me which box was mine!

All other race sims I've been in have given me a specific pit box to use usually based one the order in which the players joined the server.

I think it would be fairly easy to include a feature like this, but time consuming. I would think the hardest part of it would be how to clearly and realistically mark the pit boxes for each player. NR03 did GREAT with this! rFactor seems to have a rather rudimentary system in place that make me glad my pedals won't work in it...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG