The online racing simulator
Clutch Pedal (acc. DFGT)
(3 posts, started )
Clutch Pedal (acc. DFGT)
Hi guys!

I'm new to the forum. Introduction, I'm a 14 yr old guy who is a DEMO racer drifting in the LiveForDrift servers. I've actually bought back in June, a G25. I then figured that drifting that costs $200 in LFS DEMO wasn't worth it, especially since the money wasn't mine. So I'm setting off to buy a DFGT for Xmas.

As we all probably know the DFGT doesn't have a clutch pedal (neither a H- Shifter). Anyhow, it'd be more than wonderful to build or 'attach' a clutch pedal to my to be setup.

Knowledge of building these types of stuff: Zero.
Equipment that I can incorporate:
i. Pedals (from an ancient V3 Interact Wheel (Bought when I was 5 years old =D [Serial Port])
ii. Logitech Attack III joystick

I'm actually thinking of buying a Serial Port -> USB Plug from some random electronic store and plugging in the pedals straight into my PC. Will it even recognize the pedals?

Any suggestions? Thank you =D
The joystick port to USB adapters all suck, your best bet is to use the V3 pedals and re-wire them with the joystick insides, you just need to learn how to wire pots. Which isn't hard, it's just 3 wires that if put on wrong will just cause funny outputs to the game. Usualy you want to wire the pedal pot exactly the same as the joystick pot. You could even just use the joystick's original pot if it's the same type.

I have this exact setup actualy, I have the pedals from an Interact V3 wheel with a destroyer extreem joystick's chip inside the pedal box, I only wired one pedal as a clutch. So all I have is my DFGT and pedals, and a second pedal box with a USB cord sticking out of it.

Interact V3s are very rare wheels, the pedals are very durable, all they need is a little oil on the spring every now and then. That will stop the creaking that I'm almost positive your pedals will have developed by now.
You only need to oil them a little bit every two years or so.

I had my V3 longer than any other wheel, it was a very reliable wheel that could take quite a beating, and the pedals will last forever.
Thank You, DragonCommodo!!

I'll do a bit more research into that. Hopefully I'll be able to get my dad's help =D
-
(TG44) DELETED by TG44

Clutch Pedal (acc. DFGT)
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG