The online racing simulator
Trouble in the Americas
(25 posts, started )
Trouble in the Americas
IndyCar:

Well, Dallara, the chassis manufacturer of the IndyCar Series will reduce the cost of parts they supply to them by 8-20% starting next year. The prices will be effective in January 2009. This price drop is to help teams through this tough economic time. But so far this seems to be the only effect of the decline that we are facing

NASCAR

NASCAR in is larger trouble as it stands the big possibility that they'll loose the big three (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) as GM is in massive economic trouble. Would be very interesting to see what would happen to NASCAR if the American manufactures are gone. NASCAR now also has a field size crisis as for the first time in history there may be less than 43 individual car teams in entry

http://usnews.rankingsandrevie ... Three-Automakers-Support/

NASCAR is also banning extensive pre-season testing along with some windtunnel restrictions

Ironically enough, it appears that ARCA would be the only series that seem largely unaffected by this economic issue.
this aint even started yet! You watch the dollar crash crash crash and then you'll start seeing how much trouble the USA is really in... but don't worry the fed will just keep printing money that'll save em... not!
#3 - 5haz
Quote from Intrepid :but don't worry the fed will just keep printing money that'll save em... not!

Indeed, 2 billion dollar loaf of bread anyone?
Quote from 5haz :Indeed, 2 billion dollar loaf of bread anyone?

That would require a drastic change in the consumption pattern of the world. As things are now, if the americans somehow don't resume buying, all the others will go down the drain
Quote from NightShift :That would require a drastic change in the consumption pattern of the world. As things are now, if the americans somehow don't resume buying, all the others will go down the drain

Let me tell you a little story

The were this American and 5 Asians who landed on a beach. They each assigned themselves jobs

1 Asian fished, 1 Asian hunted, 1 Asian cleaned, 1 Asian cooked, and one Asian collected water. The American was assigned the job of consuming

Now a 'modern' economist would naively say that the American was the one driving the economy on this island. If he didn't consume the Asians would be out of a job. It was of course in the interests of the American to keep this farce continuing.

The truth America's consumption is what has driven the gloabal economy in to this position. They have consumed and consumed, and stopped making stuff. It was only a matter of time before everyone went - "OK, so what is my dollar worth that you paid me. What can I buy with it?" The answer to that - it isn't worth jack. The world has finally found out what America is about.

Yes it is going to be tough on the countries that supply America, but in the long run this is to their benefit.

What the US, UK, and other governments are trying to do is pump money into that economy thinking this will get people consuming. It won't, and it only makes it worse by inflation. By definition inflation is the inflating of the money supply.

They think Kaynes based theory on economics is going to save us.... oh boy... they have got it SO wrong

my tip

buy gold, canned food, water ,and re-enforce your house
Here we go again...
Quote from Intrepid :Yes it is going to be tough on the countries that supply America, but in the long run this is to their benefit.

In the long run we're all dead and as it is now, Chindia is not developed enough to 'drive' the economy to use your term.

PS: you forgot weapons
Quote from NightShift :In the long run we're all dead and as it is now, Chindia is not developed enough to 'drive' the economy to use your term.

PS: you forgot weapons

It's the 'in the long run we're all dead' attitude that lead us to this mess.

China and co are gonna be more than capable of sorting themselves out. saying they're not developed enough is almost offensive.
Quote from NightShift :Dust off the Mad Max VHS tapes and don't forget to carry along a six pack

lol it wouldn't surprise me if it did go MadMax style
Nascar, even with the economic crisis, will continue to go round and round...
Quote from Intrepid :China and co are gonna be more than capable of sorting themselves out. saying they're not developed enough is almost offensive.

The problem is, if they will sort out other (our) countries too in the meanwhile

No offense meant, as of now, we cannot expect internal demand from those countries to pull the rest of the world along.

If you ask me, the problem is not the long run vs short term (those are just ways to look at things), but rather the idea that some seem to have, they can get along with doing whatever they fancy, without worrying about the consequences.
...at least no one's bitching about NASCAR. Oh wait, that would be on topic.
:feedtroll
Wow imagine the spectacle of 4cyl diesel powered Nascar's running on a special fuel of used KFC cooking oil and potato and gravy , golly gee wouldnt the rednecks go crazy for that shit..
Quote from NightShift :The problem is, if they will sort out other (our) countries too in the meanwhile

No offense meant, as of now, we cannot expect internal demand from those countries to pull the rest of the world along.

If you ask me, the problem is not the long run vs short term (those are just ways to look at things), but rather the idea that some seem to have, they can get along with doing whatever they fancy, without worrying about the consequences.

Who cares about the rest of the world, and pulling them along. Once China embrace their own consuming potential they will become the number 1 financial super power in the world. The truth is that America's domination is coming to an end.

I think today we have seen a drop in the value of the dollar (like I said it would), and this is just the start. Once that ball gets rolling it will drop like a stone.

America is is deep deep deep deep DDEEEEEPPPPPP trouble. The truth is in 12 months time NasCar is going to be the last thing on your mind. I will be surprised if there is a grid of more than 15 in 2010!
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
Quote from Intrepid :I think today we have seen a drop in the value of the dollar (like I said it would)

With your uncanny intuition and fiscal shrewdness, you should be working for the Bank of England.

Nobody else could've expected inflation to devalue currency but you called it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :With your uncanny intuition and fiscal shrewdness, you should be working for the Bank of England.

Nobody else could've expected inflation to devalue currency but you called it.

LOL,

Well anyway hopefully with a devalued dollar other countries would be more inclined to buy "cheaper" american products(not gonna happen we all know our cars suck and we outsource EVERYTHING)
Quote from thatguy :Well anyway hopefully with a devalued dollar other countries would be more inclined to buy "cheaper" american products(not gonna happen we all know our cars suck and we outsource EVERYTHING)

I bought a bunch of bespoke guitar FX from builders in the USA earlier this year and was all set to order more until I saw the exchange rate. GBP is suffering worse than the dollar at the moment.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I bought a bunch of bespoke guitar FX from builders in the USA earlier this year and was all set to order more until I saw the exchange rate. GBP is suffering worse than the dollar at the moment.

1£ = $1.5453

Am I missing something? (taxes?) If I remember right the exchange rate was near 1.8-1.9 back in the summer.
Quote from thatguy :1£ = $1.5453

Am I missing something? (taxes?) If I remember right the exchange rate was near 1.8-1.9 back in the summer.

yes youre missing that at 1.5 the pound is worth less than at 1.9
Quote from Shotglass :yes youre missing that at 1.5 the pound is worth less than at 1.9

That's basically it. Getting boffins to wire up bespoke effects isn't cheap. I'll bite at a very favourable exchange rate, but otherwise not.

I've got two really good ideas I'd like to see built though, and I'm having to put them on hold until your economy collapses more than mine...
Quote from Shotglass :yes youre missing that at 1.5 the pound is worth less than at 1.9

Damn! Had I waited three years to buy S2, I could have saved $13. Maybe my S2 is better than people buying it today because I paid more for it.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I'm having to put them on hold until your economy collapses more than mine...

wth? when did the dollar suddenly rise that much
on a related topic yay a caterham r500 is only 33k euros
The pound actually fell, since 1 € is now about 0,9 and it used to 0,7 pounds. Used to being 2 months ago.

Trouble in the Americas
(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG