The online racing simulator
Problem of VW setup
(40 posts, started )
Problem of VW setup
Is the VW not allow for setup? or only a setup lock for host only?
#2 - wien
Locked to whatever changes you can easily do on the real car. I very much doubt that limitation is exclusive to online play.
#3 - Vain
Scawen didn't mention any possibility to remove the lock on the setup options so I wouldn't hope for it.

Vain
Attached images
problem.PNG
Quote from Vain :Scawen didn't mention any possibility to remove the lock on the setup options so I wouldn't hope for it.

Vain

ok now that picture is just nasty he/she could have dyslexia........ Funny though
Quote from scania :Is the VW not allow for setup? or only a setup lock for host only?

So far Scawen has mentioned tyre pressures and toe angles.

I assume we'll still have a choice of different tyres (road/dirt) but don't hold your breath for being able to change suspension, gear ratios etc. There might be minor (limited) chamber changes available (which can be done) but I'm guessing that. Perhaps there will be new options?

The VW will only be released with default colours available for the car from factory, but we can still skin it ourselves.
#6 - Danke
I have the exact same problem with my real car. I keep trying to change my final drive ratio by .001 but it won't let me.
Quote from Vain :Scawen didn't mention any possibility to remove the lock on the setup options so I wouldn't hope for it.

Vain

That's just mean. English isn't his first language, so he probably doesn't know much on the grammar side yet.
Is this setup locking thing to all the cars?
Just the VWS, so far.
Quote from scania :Is the VW not allow for setup? or only a setup lock for host only?

I got the impression that the lock would be to limit options to certain realistic values. Not that we'd be stuck with only premade setups, and that the VWS will be the only car with these limits. Also, I doubt there will be a host option to disable the lock because
a) that would defeat the point of limiting the options in the first place and
b) the limiting happens at the client, the options just aren't available and can't appear (atm anyway) depending on the server configuration
#11 - Woz
Quote from NotAnIllusion :I got the impression that the lock would be to limit options to certain realistic values. Not that we'd be stuck with only premade setups, and that the VWS will be the only car with these limits. Also, I doubt there will be a host option to disable the lock because
a) that would defeat the point of limiting the options in the first place and
b) the limiting happens at the client, the options just aren't available and can't appear (atm anyway) depending on the server configuration

I read it that ONLY tire pressure and toe are changable. Good this will bring good battles that are ONLY on driver skill. Many have asked for locked setups for a while, this will prove if they are a thing people want.

Makes sense anyway as VW probably allowed the car to show what the car is like. If you can change things it is no longer the actual car.

I get the feel this will be popular oline. A car where everyone has exactly the same and that everyone should be able to drive without pileups Might become the new GTi.
Just to clarify, I've added the relevant quote:
Quote from Scawen :Our aim is to make the Scirocco our first car with very limited setup options. The plan is to make it have only the setup options that are readily available on a real road going Scirocco, for example tyre pressures and toe settings.

I've highlighted the relevant parts in red. Essentially: limited options but not locked or limited to default setups; examples of subject options, including but not limited to ~
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Just to clarify, I've added the relevant quote:

I've highlighted the relevant parts in red. Essentially: limited options but not locked or limited to default setups; examples of subject options, including but not limited to ~

oh well then u can make a nice roadgoing setup for thoes who run on TC servers.. =)
Vain, congratulations on joining the club of developmentally delayed people who do not realise that people from non-English speaking countries come here as well.

Go go go twat!
Jerk...
Quote from Electric Eye :Vain, congratulations on joining the club of developmentally delayed people who do not realise that people from non-English speaking countries come here as well.

Go go go twat!
Jerk...

+1

Vain

he isn´t english so he doesn´t need prefect grammar
#17 - Vain
Quote from Electric Eye :Go go go twat!
Jerk...

I sincerely hope scania didn't take the picture as badly as you did. I have no grief against scania and mostly enjoy his posts.

Anyone is free to poke fun at me when I make mistakes similarly below my usual level.

Vain
Fun is good as long as you don't cross the boundary of simply being fun and being mean...

^_^ and as you can see sir, so far no one has enjoyed the picture. So personally I wouldn't think that it should be kept here.
I wonder exactly how the setup parameters will be forced. Will they be hardcoded into LFS, will the setup be encrypted or will there be a normal setup in the background that can't be modified by the LFS client. If it's the last option then people could modify it by changing the contents of the file. The set formats for previous versions are well understood (which is why programs like Bob Smith's analyser can read them).
Quote from amp88 :I wonder exactly how the setup parameters will be forced. Will they be hardcoded into LFS, will the setup be encrypted or will there be a normal setup in the background that can't be modified by the LFS client. If it's the last option then people could modify it by changing the contents of the file. The set formats for previous versions are well understood (which is why programs like Bob Smith's analyser can read them).

Even if there were ways of overcoming that kind of limiting. Wouldn't it end up being similar to all the ehm what ya call 'em... tweaks where ya can choose car engine type.. etc... meanin that you couldn't race online, unless every single person had same parameters? So basically it'd be pointless.
Quote from Electric Eye :Vain, congratulations on joining the club of developmentally delayed people who do not realise that people from non-English speaking countries come here as well.

Go go go twat!
Jerk...

Calm down dude, he was just kidding^^

Go go go twat!
Jerk...

Very true your comments may be, I think the people who can't speak english are the developmentally delayed people, since English is the net language of the world.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Very true your comments may be, I think the people who can't speak english are the developmentally delayed people, since English is the net language of the world.

I wonder how many languages you can speak?
3, actually.

Take a chill pill, the dude didn't mean it seriously.
#25 - Kaw
People who cant speak english are either living under a rock, or snobby french guys <---- That was a JOKE!!!!

Problem of VW setup
(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG