The online racing simulator
Español Latino
(65 posts, started )
Español Latino
Hello South Americans!

edit : and Central Americans

We've included a new language : Español Latino

In Test Patch Z5 : http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51391

I'm not sure which countries this applies to - my understanding is that it is for most South American (edit : and Central American) countries other than Brazil.

Anyway, what you can do to help is :

1) Test the language in LFS and see if you find any problems
2) Suggest a flag for this language (to be shown in the Game Options screen)
In my opinion Español is Spanish but the Lation confuses me
Spanish from Spain is kinda different from the spanish we Latinos use.
Español Latino means that it is from México, Guatemala, El Salvador, Colombia, Venezuela, Argentina... and all of that.

Thanks Scawen and everyone.

All of the countries from america that speak spanish are latinos scawen =D.

Pd: Maybe you can use the mexican flag Scawen, its the most populated country of the Latin American ones.
Thanks - edited my first post.
-
(510N3D) DELETED by 510N3D
I am spanish and I am still not sure what exactly Latin Spanish is. I have always thought spanish is spanish wherever its spoken, and its not like ALL countries in latin america speak the same way, so who are you going to ask to translate?

I am pretty much sure one mexican and one guy from argentina would come with quite different translations for the same things. What about brazilians, are they gonna get a latin portuguese language pack?

Since its done, kudos to it, but cant really see the need of it, all people in south america can either read spanish or english.
#7 - J@tko
Quote from BurnOut69 :I am spanish and I am still not sure what exactly Latin Spanish is. I have always thought spanish is spanish wherever its spoken, and its not like ALL countries in latin america speak the same way, so who are you going to ask to translate?

I am pretty much sure one mexican and one guy from argentina would come with quite different translations for the same things. What about brazilians, are they gonna get a latin portuguese language pack?

Since its done, kudos to it, but cant really see the need of it, all people in south america can either read spanish or english.

Latin Spanish is basically the same right across Latin America (I think), unlike for example Spain where there's lots of different languages across the country.

And I think Brazilian Portugese is basically the same as Portugese Portugese isn't it?

EDIT: Meh, I might be wrong http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portuguese_dialects
Quote from BurnOut69 :I am spanish and I am still not sure what exactly Latin Spanish is. I have always thought spanish is spanish wherever its spoken, and its not like ALL countries in latin america speak the same way, so who are you going to ask to translate?

I'm sure that is true, actually there are different dialects all over Spanish speaking areas of the American continents.

But it's my understanding that there are some similarity between these Latino dialects, that makes them more different from Spanish used in Spain, so it does make sense to have a general "Latino" version, if you are not going to support every different dialect.

But maybe someone who knows a lot more about that than me could reply. I am only going by what info I can find here and there (without much studying so far).

Quote from BurnOut69 :I am pretty much sure one mexican and one guy from argentina would come with quite different translations for the same things. What about brazilians, are they gonna get a latin portuguese language pack?

Brazilian Portuguese has been in LFS for ages!
Just to clarify a bit to spanish members.

The whole language is spanish (español). Spanish from Spain is called "castellano". An the american spanish is latino as you call it.

Please, any latino could confirm that you call spanish of spain "castellano" ?
Quote from Whiskey :Please, any latino could confirm that you call spanish of spain "castellano" ?

I think that is actually controversial!

I know Spanish people use the term "Castellano" to mean the main language used in Spain.

But I think Latino people use "Castellano" in a different way, so that can be confusing!
I speak ...i dont know, Spanish Castellano i think. Well, yeah, use Mexican flag. Oh and you spanish, your spanish is funny, the accent i mean and some words are just weird in our spanish. It's like colour and color U.S. and U.K.

Example:
UK: Dude
Mexico: Wey, vato
Venezuela: Pana
Colombia: ?
Argentina: ?
Spain: Tio
Quote from chanoman315 :It's like colour and color U.S. and U.K.

So it's a complete non-issue? Why bother with a different translation then?
Yes, each latin country has a way to conjugate the verbs, and so many things, but all is spanish, so they should be able to accept a whole languaje file in LFS.

But from here, more than 5,000 km far away, I don't know more exact details about "their language"
Quote from chanoman315 :I speak ...i dont know, Spanish Castellano i think. Well, yeah, use Mexican flag. Oh and you spanish, your spanish is funny, the accent i mean and some words are just weird in our spanish. It's like colour and color U.S. and U.K.

Example:
UK: Dude
Mexico: Wey, vato
Venezuela: Pana
Colombia: ?
Argentina:
Spain: Tio

Argentina: Boludo , Flaco , Pendejo , Huevon
Quote from Inouva :Argentina: Boludo , Flaco , Pendejo , Huevon

No?.. i know argentinians, and if you say boludo to them they get offended.. it's different saying an offensive word than a word to say "hey dude, do you have....?"
Spanish is Spanish, and only have a Real Academy for all countries that speak spanish.

So, in central and south america changes a few words, sometimes are correct sometimes no...

For example in some countries to tyre call "llanta", and "llanta" is a rim, tyre in spanish is "neumático", is extended on some contries but if you search in an official dictionary you will see that is incorrect.

I think is innecesary another "language" becouse is not another language, I think that have less diferences Castellano with Latino Spanish, than English (from england) with US English.
To be honest I don't see the necessity of this new language, Latin spoken Spanish has a totally different dialect in each Latin-American country, for example, in Argentina we use "auto" for cars but in other countries they use the word "carro" or "coche" and we all know that those words are synonymous for auto, it would be the same to have another english language option for americans. As for the flag I don't know what to advise, maybe it should bear the flag of the translator's nationality if it's someone from latin-america.
Quote from Napalm Candy :S
For example in some countries to tyre call "llanta", and "llanta" is a rim, tyre in spanish is "neumático", is extended on some contries but if you search in an official dictionary you will see that is incorrect.

I think is innecesary another "language" becouse is not another language, I think that have less diferences Castellano with Latino Spanish, than English (from england) with US English.

llanta for me is the whole tyre
chano, llanta is just the rim. Neumatico is the tyre. There is no whole tyre. A tyre + a rim = a whole WHEEL.

And maybe it's not the best idea of all making a new lenguaje, but still a nice detail.

And spanish spoken in spain is way different from the one here in L.A. I have a spanish friend, and lots of times we get a hard time trying to understand each other.

Scawen, for the flag, I think it should be the mexican. It has the most "neutral" spanish here in Latin America. In fact, most translations for South America are done in Mexico.

Spanish from Spain here gets ussualy annoying, at least for most people. (Some girls find it hot tho ). But most games are sold in english for this reason, I never buy a game wich comes with Spain's Spanish
Again the opinion from a Spaniard... This whole "Latin Spanish" thing is unnecessary. For me it's ok, of course I have no problem at all, but even when there is a certain similarity between the Spanish of the countries in Latin-America they're still different, and it doesn't make sense to have one Spanish language file for each country. I think they understand our Spanish as we understand theirs.

So, to not have each line in the language file using a different dialect, maybe there should be only one translator that would do it in his own country's dialect and leave his flag as someone suggested. That way there would be two "Spanish'es", the one from Spain, and another one from a Latin-American country. Then people from other countries can choose between those two, as one of them will be closer to their own dialect (most likely the latin one).

Here you should ponder which Latin-American country should be chosen! I would say Mexico but I think they have quite some influence from US English, that other countries don't have. I think Venezuela or Ecuador are more "neutral" but maybe I'm wrong.

About the wheel-tyre-rim controversy (in Spain's Spanish style)

Wheel=Rueda
Tyre=Neumático
Rim=Llanta

Easy!
That wheel shit, isnt like that here in mexico, sorry...
I believe that it is necessary to have a Latin language, for us " latinos"
why we must only have Castellano? , what is the problem of a language that represents the Latinos (Central America and South America)
, it bores to me that my LFS says: COCHE

Coche in my country is this: http://www.regalosdecolombia.c ... CHE%20FIESTA%20TEKNUM.jpg

there are many kins of "latin spanish" like in: Mexico, Colombia, Argentina, Costa Rica, Panama, Nicaragua, Peru, Ecuador, etc, etc, etc

if somebody dont like the "latino" languague, dont choose it, and that´s all

i dont like the castellano languague, in any mather (games, movies, etc, etc)

just my 2 cents

its just a decision of the Dev´s
It's like english people use football instead of soccer and some people get freaked out... use whatever you like the most

And something else hehe, México is in North America.
I've compared the two translations and I have to say that the Latin one has some things right and others are just wrong, for example, in the latin translation the translator replaced the word 'embreague' for 'clutch', that is just wrong, you won't find the word cluth in any spanish dictionary, or using the word llanta (rim) instead of rueda (wheel).

Well now as I am looking at this new translation I have to say that it has horrible translation mistakes, like using the word tacometro (tachometer) for the speedometer.

Those words are not synonyms, actually they have a whole different meaning, also there are some spelling mistakes.
Volante = wheel
But some may say, Timon, Manivela etc.

Español Latino
(65 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG