The online racing simulator
Round 4 Post-Race Discussion
#2 - J@tko
Jeez it's not even starting for 14 mins yet!!
Quote from J@tko :Jeez it's not even starting for 14 mins yet!!

Shaddup, You !

It's so I don't have to piss with it later.

d
Thank you mr KOK EEFE (or izzit cock?) for ruining ma race. Gained 4 places in da start but then YOU
Had fun, could have blocked Rikje in feature but decided to let him by since he was A) Clearly faster then me B) Not gunna be a cock about passing me (unlike ken which is why I blocked him nicely in sprint :P, I still love you ken. :P)
Incredibly low fps + cold r2s + heavy fuel = sorry to anyone I held up! I agree with Rikje, our coming-together should be investigated. Didn't save the replay, but I'm pretty sure I was in the wrong. And sorry for barging up the inside in t2 of the sprint!

Good race, though! Didn't see many people after the first few laps, but I had a nice battle with boothy towards the end of the feature. Messed it up in quali, and didn't finish high up, but I don't really care. I enjoyed it, thank you all! Onwards to the Dekotakular SO5 Round 5! I might actually practice for this one, so I'm not 2 secs off the pace again!

EDIT: Deko, any updates on my round 3 penalty-that-shouldn't-have-been?
Was a pretty lonely race for me with people flying off left and right. I might also have a little protest going against someone but I have to see the replay first.
Protest (naturally) at car 8 for the stupid take-out of myself in race 1. There's no point in turning up if something like that is going to ruin your race. Thanks also for being so slow in the hay bale section.

Thanks KoK for leaving a tyre in my way! You helped me roll the car again! Watch the incident between Mr T and Kok in the sprint as myself and a tyrecome flying through the air!

The feature was a failure in terms of a rolling start. (Although it was mainly due to those eejits up the front! :tilt You can't tell people odd numbers to go left if you haven't worked out what number you are. The easiest way to do it is to not have the SC at the start. This allows you to just pair up with the person alongside. The SC can then come through the field before T1, or take the field when they come round for a 2nd lap.

Car 82, give a bit more room when lapping please.

Mucked up the tyre setup changes between races so the car was crap, meaning I spun a couple of times. Big problem with these cars and layout is it's hard to recover safely from an incident. (Didn't get much help from the 3 admins either! :razz And the fact that almost every corner is blind doesn't help. I think the AU design philosophy needs to take this into account.

Another thing, why the hell did we need 2 SCs??? We already have low grids so using two as SCs was pointless? Couldn't we just have the leader becoming SC, with everyone on Vent as we're supposed to be there shouldn't be any problems?

Funniest moment though was in my mirrors as the SCs were told to get back!

So yeah, I do wonder why I bother...
Quote from boothy :Protest (naturally) at car 8 for the stupid take-out of myself in race 1.

Was that at turn 2? If so, I'm very sorry, it was a genuine mistake, I misjudged my braking point because of the uber-tight line I had to take, what with being squeezed to the left and all that. I really need to see a replay though, as I'm probably wrong about that! EDIT: Yup, I was! I'll happily take a penalty if I deserve one, but I honestly can't remember doing anything massively wrong. Oh, and I was slow through the bales due to not being able to get heat into my tyres and very little practice, but there's nothing to apologise for there.

I hope you enjoyed our little battle near the end of the feature race. At least that was legitimate. I hope you enjoyed some of the event.
Mayhem as always Fecked up quali because that was the first lap I did without some music. Sprint ended very early because of a tyre I hit making the car impossible to drive.

Feature was pretty good, started last but ended up 2nd. Then I had a collision with a backmarker but got to 3rd in the end.

Oh and Timdpr, I'm not going to put an investigation on the collission because I don't think it was your intention to do it and it won't matter much anyway. Plus I want races to be fought out on track, not at the table after the race.

btw, can someone change the record thing? It says it was tea who set a 39.07, but I set a 38.98 in race
Shhh don,t tell them!
Provisional Results Uploaded, Replays Uplaoded. Qualifying results will be posted soon.

Car 8's penalty error in the Round 3 Feature Race Results has been corrected.

Boothy: Please provide timecode in the replay that is posted - that is the replay I examine.

One RB4 was the Safety Car, the other RB4 was a Rescue Car. The Rescue Car is designated with attempting to assist stranded cars to return if possible. At AU1 layouts, I allow them to attempt to flip a car. Otherwise, they are not to flip a car. They may push a car out of the gravel, or push a car that has run out of fuel. The Rescue Car ended up unneeded this round. The only car that overturned was unrecoverable safely.

@Rijke: I will have to slap Joe. I update the records after going through all results. Corrected as of now.

For any further investigations, post here with Lap, Cars Involved, a brief synopsis of the situation, and the replay TimeCode of the incident.

d
K, seen the replay, and I'm very sorry, boothy. I had a tap from Novak which sent me into you.

I'm not trying to avoid a penalty or anything by apologising so many times, I mean it, but now I'm not sure it was entirely my fault...

Oh, and I see what you mean about the bale section...I was slow because I smashed into 3 of them!

@Rikje - The collision was my fault for sticking so stupidly to the middle of the track, but, frankly, you should have left me more room instead of cutting straight to the apex. You can see how early I brake to try and avoid you! But yeah, we should drop it.

Gah! I spend so much time apologising after races...I'm gonna make sure I'm cleaner next race, I promise.
I'd like to file a protest against car 05 in the Feature race for unsafe track re-entry.

At timecode 6:22 car 05 was sitting at the hairpin and started to reverse into the track the moment I began to turn into the corner. I saw it just in time to make a little detour around him but he still hit me.

While nothing bad happened I don't know if it would've come out the same if I had kept my line. Also seeing that he continued to reverse even after the hit makes me believe he either a) did not see me or b) did not care.
Basicly, I'm happy because I raced for the first time in 3 weeks on LFS(:nana, but a little bit disappointed because I failed again... Low fps+r2+me=:bananadea+

Congrats to Taha and Simon.

Also, there's something wrong in the second race's stats... Some drivers aren't in the "highest climbers" stats.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Also, there's something wrong in the second race's stats... Some drivers aren't in the "highest climbers" stats.

This is because they had unchanged positions from the start of the race. I removed them from the list.

d
Quote from dekojester :this Is Because They Had Unchanged Positions From The Start Of The Race. I Removed Them From The List.

D

Ok...
Quote from dekojester :Boothy: Please provide timecode in the replay that is posted - that is the replay I examine.

Don't have access to LFS atm but I can tell you it was on the first lap at Turn 2, just follow my car from the start and you'll see it...
For the Incident Involving Cars 10 and 05 in the Sprint Race on Lap 11 (Timecode approx 7:35) which was slated for post-race investigation by the admins:

Car 05 is found to have caused an avoidable incident with Car 10. At turn 11, Car 05 approached the rear of Car 10 on entry to the turn. At around the apex, Car 05 contacted the rear of Car 10, causing a spin from Car 10. Car 10 was found to have done no sort of untoward actions in the incident. Car 05 is found to have caused the incident via failure to take acceptable action to avoid the ahead car.

The penalty for this will be a 20-second time penalty. The normal penalty would have been 30-seconds, but the penalty is being reduced because of Car 05 allowing Car 10 to keep his position relative to Car 05, but a penalty is still being levied due to Car 10 still losing time over the rest of the pack.
Hmm, he lost time over the rest of the pack, but he still won so why bother penalising..gay.
For the Incident Involving Cars 177 and 05 in the Feature Race on Lap 7 (System Lap 8) (Timecode approx 6:22) which was started by Driver of Car 177:

Car 05 was situated at about 90 degrees to the racing line going into Turn 5 due to prior contact on entry with Car 19. Car 05 was sitting stationary, then engaged reverse gear. As he was doing so, Cars 10, 177, and 36 were approacing the situation at this time. Car 10 avoided the car as it started to reverse without incident. Car 177 went wide, but got contacted by Car 05, causing a slide from 177. Car 36 was balked slightly by Car 05 as it changed gears and resumed.

The incident with Car 177 was the most dangerous and most significant of this.

Car 05 is being issued a 45-second Time Penalty for Unsafe Recovery from an Incident and Unsafe Track Reentry. Although the incidents caused were minor, the potential for major incidents was there, and this is what has necessitated this penalty.

Applicable Regulations to this Penalty:
NDR Sporting Code Section III Personal Conduct; Article 2. Driving Code
NDR Sporting Code Section VIII Incidents; Article 1a: Recovering From and Article 2a: Returning to the Course
Might aswell just take the championship away right now eh..?
For the Incident Involving Cars 177, 43, and 8 in the Sprint Race on Lap 1 (Timecode approx 0:35) which was protested by Driver of Car 43:

On entry to Turn 3, Car 43 was the frontmost car, with Cars 8 to the left side of Car 177. Car 8 contacted Car 43 under braking, sending Car 43 into the wall.

The contact is found to have occured due to wheel lock under heaving braking after missing the braking point by Car 8. Car 177 contributed to the incident by way of contacting car 8 as it was heading to the right as brakes locked.

Car 8 is being issued a 30-second time penalty for Causing an Avoidable Incident with Car 43.
Car 177 is being issued a 15-second time penalty for Failure to Leave Racing Room For a Car With Significant OverLap

Applicable Regulations to this Penalty:
NDR Sporting Code Section III Personal Conduct; Article 2. Driving Code
NDR Sporting Code Section V Driving Conduct; Article 2 Car-to-car Contact (All Items)
NDR Sporting Code Section VI Overtaking; Article 1. Overlap (All Items)
NDR Sporting Code Section VI Overtaking; Article 2. Conduct (All Items)
NDR Sporting Code Section VI Overtaking; Article 3. Defending Postion (Item c)
Provisional Results have been updated to take into account posted Penalties.

You have until 2100 UTC on Monday, 15 December to post further protests. You have 24 hours from the timestamp on the penalty announcement to file an appeal here in this tread. Once both those windows pass, the Results will be official and updated points posted.

d

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG