The online racing simulator
Where will the new VW sit in CTRA?
http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=51274

Will this car be lined up in the TBO class or LRF? Anyone in the CTRA group had chance to drive it yet? Race 2 is going to get busy when this release comes out.
I would like to see the FXO split off from the XRT and RB4, then restrict the VWS so it's on the same level as the FXO. I know some people don't like the powerful FWD cars, but I think they are more challenging than the RWD cars in some cases.
Really? I would have thought that a single class with all 4 cars, XRT, RB4, FXO and VW would make for very interesting races. The more different cars in a race for me that are close enough in performance, the better.
ah yes but if people only stick with one or more cars it doesnt matter how many there are, in some ways it would be good in tbo but in some ways it would be good maybe even on its own
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :...then restrict the VWS so it's on the same level as the FXO.

How are you going to achieve that?
VWS: 200hp, 1300kg
FXO: 235hp, 1150kg

#6 - Joris
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I would like to see the FXO split off from the XRT and RB4, then restrict the VWS so it's on the same level as the FXO. I know some people don't like the powerful FWD cars, but I think they are more challenging than the RWD cars in some cases.

It would be a pitty to restrict the only car the devs have tried to replicate from reality.
Quote from AndroidXP :How are you going to achieve that?
VWS: 200hp, 1300kg
FXO: 235hp, 1150kg

Ah, clearly I have mixed up the FXO and VWS stats! Sod it, keep the VWS in its own class.
#8 - Joris
There is a slim chance the VW would make up for it in terms of handling. time will tell.

IMHO car's do not have to be balanced for 100% in order to race eachother.
#9 - Mazar

Its a road car, should'nt it be parked in the car park with all the others?

Yawn..

-Maz
Quote from Joris :There is a slim chance the VW would make up for it in terms of handling. time will tell.

No. Just, no. Traction control and a better rear suspension don't make up for a 50hp/ton power difference. Don't forget that due to the higher weight the VWS will also have a poorer tyre efficiency. LFS' physics shortcomings don't help the VWS either.
Quote from AndroidXP :No. Just, no. Traction control and a better rear suspension don't make up for a 50hp/ton power difference. Don't forget that due to the higher weight the VWS will also have a poorer tyre efficiency. LFS' physics shortcomings don't help the VWS either.

Nevertheless I am quite sure I would not beat something like a moose in the VWS with one of the TBO's.
#12 - SamH
I'm suffering the same lack of information and comparitive data as everyone else at the moment, so it's just a case of waiting to see. The VWS may not appear instantly on the CTRA server suite, since quite a few simultaneous changes are required, to the X-System and website. The LFS servers will also need upgrading.

I coded an additional class into the X-System last night, but when I compiled the new one, it compiled first time. Obviously that can't be right.. I always make a typo or something.. so I'll figure out what the error is this weekend..

I'd like to make the VWS a Bronze+ licenced car, since its power output sits in the window between the XFG/XRG and the TBO - Copper and Silver. Nobody is making any indication that it's suited to TBO, and it's clearly far more powerful than the cars in Race 1. I'm reluctant to launch a new server, but even if it's temporary while the novelty wears off, I think a "Race VWS" server will be necessary.

Bringing Bronze drivers in to Race 2 is not an option.. Race 2 needs its Silver+ standards and experience protected.

So.. that's where I'm at, at the moment
Quote from SamH :I'm reluctant to launch a new server, but even if it's temporary while the novelty wears off, I think a "Race VWS" server will be necessary.

Will it be a S2 server?

I hope so because a lot of good tracks are left out already on Race 1 because of it being a S1 server.
Quote from SamH :I'm suffering the same lack of information and comparitive data as everyone else at the moment, so it's just a case of waiting to see. The VWS may not appear instantly on the CTRA server suite, since quite a few simultaneous changes are required, to the X-System and website. The LFS servers will also need upgrading.

I coded an additional class into the X-System last night, but when I compiled the new one, it compiled first time. Obviously that can't be right.. I always make a typo or something.. so I'll figure out what the error is this weekend..

I'd like to make the VWS a Bronze+ licenced car, since its power output sits in the window between the XFG/XRG and the TBO - Copper and Silver. Nobody is making any indication that it's suited to TBO, and it's clearly far more powerful than the cars in Race 1. I'm reluctant to launch a new server, but even if it's temporary while the novelty wears off, I think a "Race VWS" server will be necessary.

Bringing Bronze drivers in to Race 2 is not an option.. Race 2 needs its Silver+ standards and experience protected.

So.. that's where I'm at, at the moment

That sounds like the best approach in the beginning Sam. You can always change it up if a more obvious niche becomes apparent. And I like the idea of another Bronze server. At least in the short term, there should be plenty of demand to justify it.

I still think it would be nice if the VWS could fit in with the TBOs, but there's just no way of knowing yet if that's possible.
I completely agree with SamH's post.
#16 - SamH
Quote from zeugnimod :Will it be a S2 server?

It will be S2, yes. I'm going to make the track selection very broad for the VWS, so everyone can try it out as much as possible in as many different scenarios as possible.

The VWS has come a little earlier than I would have liked for a couple of reasons, but I'm delighted it'll be here for Christmas
Quote from SamH :It will be S2, yes. I'm going to make the track selection very broad for the VWS, so everyone can try it out as much as possible in as many different scenarios as possible.

Sounds great.
Stick it in the TBO class, drop the FXO, and when Jakqui complains that it's too slow tell him it seems balanced enough to you.

Quote from thisnameistaken :when Jakqui complains that it's too slow tell him it seems balanced enough to you.

lol thats priceless
#20 - Jakg
Quote from thisnameistaken :Stick it in the TBO class, drop the FXO, and when Jakqui complains that it's too slow tell him it seems balanced enough to you.

:cry:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG