The online racing simulator

Poll : How reliable is the G25?

Never had a problem with it
Minor failure, had to get secondary unit replaced (shifter or pedals)
Major failure, had to get the whole thing replaced
Thinking of getting a G25, How reliable is it?
I'm thinking of getting a G25, but I want to know how reliable it is.
I will have the money on thursday, but I cant decide if I'm actualy going to spend the $300 on it.

If you have a G25 please click the appropreate button. Even if it was a minor failure and was sorted out by customer care.

This will help me determine if I'm going to buy it or save my money and wait half a year for the G27. If I where to wait, I'd have to wait untill a fue months after other people got it because I'd want to know if it was good or not. I've had two logitech joysticks in the past that have failed even though I hardly ever used them.
Never had a problem with mine. But I'm not especially abusive, preferring the gentle touch - "driving a race car is like making love to a beautiful woman..."
Thanks Tristancliffe, and by the way the pole looks after just a fue minuts, it looks like it's going to be mostly no problems.

I'm not generaly abusive with my stuff, its just with my past experiance with logitech I'm a bit hesitant to pay $300 for another logitech gaming device.
#4 - DrBen
Don't let it come to you, too much so...

...I am the fist answering the poll with regard to the shifter unit. I had to have my dealer send in the whole set because of his supply-source that wouldn't accept handling a partial replacement-call with Logitech. Funny warranty issue here in DE.
Lucky me I got a V1.01 of the set back - but only after waiting like 2 months that supposedly was due to the high demand of those wheels back then (2008-04..05).
Don't get me wrong, it's still the best buy I ever did. Only the upcoming fanatec-products do have a chance to compete on features/pricepoint right now.
If I were you - I'd at least consider these, as well. Thinking loudly about the GT3-RS-version here...
...most forward-point for one of those is the replaceable shifter-set (you can get that seperately, since it is not part of all their "bundled" wheel sets).

Oh and just to make sure you'll not misunderstand my warning about the shifter-unit: I tend to treat all of my stuff with at least a reasonable amount of care. I do not throw stuff against the wall and I am fully capable of realising what things are made of before applying any specific task or even force to them.

have fun
Quote from tristancliffe :But I'm not especially abusive, preferring the gentle touch - "driving a race car is like making love to a beautiful woman..."

So you are not abusive with your woman? Must be a good pickup line, "Yo jump in ma car, I'm not abusive"

Anyway, I've never had problems with this wheel. BUT I've not had it for a very long time and the fake metal around the buttons of the shifter component gets scratched easily.
Quote from tristancliffe :"driving a race car is like making love to a beautiful woman..."

Push all the right buttons and get the ride of your life?
Minor failure, repaired it myself.
Well, I've opted to get a Driving force GT instead. It kind of makes the pole redundant, but I encourgage people to keep voting, I'd like to see what experiances people have had with the G25, because I may buy one later.

I've decided on the DFGT because all I need is a 900º wheel, everything else will be custom built using one of these http://www.leobodnar.com/products/BU0836X/

I've seen both in action, and the DFGT actualy has faster FFB than the G25
The DFGT pedals arn't up to my standards, even my MS Sidewinder pro pedals are better. So I'm going to build my own pedals, shifter, e-brake and switch board. I can have up to 8 axis and 32 buttons to play with.

Where I save for the wheel, I spend a little more on making an awsome shifter and pedal combo that blows the G25 units away.
Well I got my DFGT.

HOLY CRAP!

I've used the G25 in store once and I liked the feel, but this thing actualy feels better, It's more comfortable than any wheel I have ever used. It just fits in my hands like it was designed for me. And I've got long fingers so its very rare anything fits in my hands well.

I'm thinking of writing a short review for it, since not many people seem to have used one on PC.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG