The online racing simulator
True manuel...
(12 posts, started )
True manual...
Well besides LFS I've really never dive deep into fully simulated racing in rFactor or GTR2. But recently with my G25 I learned how to effectively shift without auto cluth (for non-formula cars).

However I came to a stunning realization about rF and GTR...it really didnt matter if you had auto clutch or not since in those two games the only difference between auto cluth and real manuel is you have to clutch from n to 1 and your car stalls after a spin. But that's it, you can just ignore the clutch and flatshift every other gear...

I know in LFS that's not the case when you de select auto clutch...but I'm wondering is LFS the only racing sim that has "real manuel"?
#3 - 5haz
Mr Fawlty! Mr Fawlty! I very sorry!

I think perhaps the sequential gearboxes found in the cars in GTR may allow flat shifting, but in Rfactor is probrably due to the rather half-bakes physics engine.

Certainly out of the three sims LFS is the only one that has a realistically simulated clutch (although many think thats debatable).

When I read title I almost thought this had something to do with Fawlty Towers.

Quote from niall09 :

You beat me to it.
Qué?
GT5P has a "real clutch". If you enable it, you can't shift anymore without using it. It doesn't simulate a real clutch however. It's just on/off... you can't let it slip.
#7 - Migz
Quote from S14 DRIFT :I do not get it, please explain.

The thread title says true Manuel
The picture is of Manuel (pronounced Man-Well but spelt as Manuel) the character from faulty towers.
Ohhh! Thankyou. Shows how little classic Tele I watch.
Wait.....the hydroplane mod....

if you select auto clutch off then when you flat shift on the boat it'll go to neutral like it should with any other mod or rFactor car.......wtf......

this is weird cause:

1. that's a car thing, (idk about boats but i dont think that's how boats work)

2. it's rFactor here's the response i got from a mod:
Quote :The gMotor engine doesn't enforce using the clutch on shifts. It will basically only have that effect going from neutral to 1st gear.

so why does the boat mod have "accurate manual" shifting when everything else in rFactor doesnt?
Quote from 5haz :
I think perhaps the sequential gearboxes found in the cars in GTR may allow flat shifting, but in Rfactor is probrably due to the rather half-bakes physics engine.

rF/GTR share the same physics engine, which has limited gearbox simulation.

Quote from lizardfolk :Wait.....the hydroplane mod....

Presumably it only uses one gear...
eh? you can sift without using the clutch in a real car... i do it all the time when im bored theres few things that lift your mood as much as destorying synchro rings
Quote from ajp71 :

Presumably it only uses one gear...

I switch to the others as well (or i'm doing something wrong if i'm not suppose to)

EDIT: The mod i installed misinstalled so i have more than 1st gear. I reinstalled it and ur right it only has 1 gear

True manuel...
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG