The online racing simulator
Round 3 Post-Race Discussion
Post here your thoughts about round 3

BTW:
Definition of chat: a line in the in-game control penal
bad race for me
unlucky as always

Could pretty easily have been 4th, then I chucked it away under the ****ing saftey car. Smashed my wheel completely (in game, but probably irl in a couple of seconds) and had to struggle round the last lap with it like that. 9th. Sorry for any crashes I caused, none were intentional. I probably should be expecting some complaints filed against me, but I've got one - did cars 10 and 100 pass me illegaly under the first safety car in the feature? (One during the SC, one on restart.)

7th in the sprint was pretty poor, but I was slow around this track. Thanks to fastwalker (iirc) for the set.

I was enjoying it till the penultimate lap.
Worst race day I've ever had. Nothing more to add.
Looks like everyone enjoyed it, then!
Best race day I have ever had. Nothing to add.
Top 3 podium photo attached.

Well that was an interesting couple of races - thought I'd sign up for it having never tried this car before. Didn't have much practice but knew I'd stay out of the way at the back anyway.

Would like to say #53 was very lucky not to get collected by me at the last corner in race 1, lap 1 - that was stupid!

Race 1 was crap, great first lap as everyone else fell off, but then misjudged the turn at the bridge - was under pressure from behind and had a car in front crash - and hit the outside wall, unfortunately flipped it.

Race 2 got an ok start, #10 probably overtook me under a yellow flag in the Esses, made up a place past #100, watch the 3 wide in front of me, more battling before #10 got sideways at the chicane and I had to take a tighter line to avoid it - but it rolled me!

Waited there watching my sorry car, before I noticed #82 rolling towards me, which nudged me back over! Continued with a little damage but that unsettled me in turn 3/4 and suffered more damage so pitted, 2 laps down and thats how it stayed.

Continued my NDR tradition of rolling a FBM car in every race
Attached images
LFS_NDR_Mini-FBM-R6-podium.png
Did I ? When?
Lap 1 in the Esses, says it in the post... we were side by side, I was on the inside and would've went flat out, lifted slightly but you didn't...
Who has the Sprint race replay ?

I thought it saved, but when I went to get it, it wasn't there.

d
See mb.t-u-x.com/lfs/ndr_mini-fbm_r5.mpr

And there is an autosave function
I don't have the sprint race replay but I don't even remember racing you =/.
You don't need the sprint replay because it was in the feature, you raced me for the first lap... (then spun @ the chicane )
I just watched the first lap of the feature race and I don't see anything wrong...
Quote from boothy :See mb.t-u-x.com/lfs/ndr_mini-fbm_r5.mpr

And there is an autosave function

Tanks ! And I did have autosave on, that's what's funny.

Provisional Results uploaded. Investigations pending on the Sprint Race Incident between Cars 100 and 8, and the incident between Cars 10 and 93 in the Feature Race, as well as what's been posted here. You have until 15:00 UTC on Monday, 8 December to file a protest.

d
So Deko, I only get the penalty if he files a protest? If he files a protest, do I have any time for an appeal or is me asking that it is investigated post race considered an appeal?
Quote from Timdpr :did cars 10 and 100 pass me illegaly under the first safety car in the feature? (One during the SC, one on restart.)

Car 100 did. At Approx 7:50 into the Official Replay, Car 100 overtook Car 8 on the inside in the final turn while the field was catching the Safety Car. Car 8 ran wide to avoid the stationary car on course, and got wheels on the tyres, and slid. Control of the car was regained before the overtake was started. Car 100 will start their next (non-heat) race from the back of the grid.

The overtake at the restart by car 10 was legal. The green flag had flown before the overtake was started.

d
The Sprint Race Lap 1 incident involving Cars 100, 5 and 8 occuring from about 1:22 through 1:40 results in a WARNING FOR CAR 100 for Contact with a car while recovering from an incident.
Quote from evilpimp :So Deko, I only get the penalty if he files a protest? If he files a protest, do I have any time for an appeal or is me asking that it is investigated post race considered an appeal?

No, this is an admin initiated investigation. You can appeal a penalty once after it's issued. That request does not count against this.

d
The Lap 1 (Not counting the pace lap) incident involving Cars 36 and 100 is under investigation.

d
Quote from boothy :#10 probably overtook me under a yellow flag in the Esses

This overtake of car 10 on Car 43 was legal. The yellows were not out until after Car 10 secured the position.

Quote from boothy :Continued my NDR tradition of rolling a FBM car in every race

Quote from dekojester :The Lap 1 (Not counting the pace lap) incident involving Cars 36 and 100 is under investigation.

d

Car 36 is found to have caused an avoidable incident in the esses with Car 100, causing car 100 to spin around and lose several places. This would have resulted in a Stop-and-Go penalty in the race, and will be converted to a 45-second Time addition to be added onto Car 36's time.
What was the incident between car 93 and 10 again? I'm not gonna file a report because I enjoyed the race (even if deko was mean with me ) and I didn't lost any position.
When the SC is deployed, is it still a race to the end of the lap? (ie passing is alowed.)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG