The online racing simulator
LFS CarFocus v2.6
Quote from misiek08 :I can't set it on a LTC server(I haven't pass of course). What can I do?

Can't see what a pass has todo with it. What have tried sofar ?
Enabled insim? you get the list with racers? which feature did you wanna test? ect, you gotta give some more info

Another preview movie: http://vimeo.com/2863153 (The chat will be removed ofcourse as is just debug info) (FOV and height can be changed during the algorithm)
This focus algorithm can be used in 2 ways.
- The choice to use another car as camera location and another car as focus point. (this makes the focus sometimes not right because of the predicting of the car locations)
- A position behind the following focused car.

Version 2.6 is out (See first post for the attachment, or click here)
- Couple of fixes like Shift U now possible on AU layouts.
- Tweaked the prediction algorithm.
- Added the beta CameraPath timeline, and better implementation of Follow Cam from a 'camera car' seen here: http://vimeo.com/2938286
Have fun

Manual: http://lfs.finalgear.com/carfocus/
happens when i press connect and load replay. Can't get it to work

edit: got it working, but still that message is showing. Annoying :/
Attached images
error.JPG
YESSSSSSSSSS I've been waiting since my last post on this release

I've capped some footage of my drifting on Autocross, which is moved to the dumpster now THANKS A BUNCH!!!

I'll link some video's when im done editing them
**if you like them, maybe you could use them as promo material for the addon **
Quote from Kniebeejs :happens when i press connect and load replay. Can't get it to work
edit: got it working, but still that message is showing. Annoying :/

What version of LFS are you using? Are you sure its mine app that's causing it, and not another app?

Quote from dutchshogun :YESSSSSSSSSS I've been waiting since my last post on this release

I've capped some footage of my drifting on Autocross, which is moved to the dumpster now THANKS A BUNCH!!!

I'll link some video's when im done editing them
**if you like them, maybe you could use them as promo material for the addon **

Thanks, Good to hear that the app is useful for a few people
I was going to clean-up the first post so it would be more clear what this application can do, with each feature/movie.
Uhhh, so i tried to make custom camera's for Autocross, but i get an error and if i try to export it says: No Track Initialised :S

Btw: what's the Follow Focus?? what does it do? is that for the 2nd car thingy? :P Because i also dont get that :P
Quote from dutchshogun :Uhhh, so i tried to make custom camera's for Autocross, but i get an error and if i try to export it says: No Track Initialised :S

I guess your using the TV director feature? If so, yeah that doesnt work because it needs info from the pth files. And there are no pth files of AU.

Quote from dutchshogun :
Btw: what's the Follow Focus?? what does it do? is that for the 2nd car thingy? :P Because i also dont get that :P

The Follow Focus tab is something else (future stuff), didn't remove it before releasing v2.6.
See the manual for the 2nd car follow mode:
Quote : Similar to (A), but now you can set the moving/following camera location. You can select another driver as 'Camera Car'. You can attach the camera to driver by holding the Ctrl button when you click on a racer. Make sure you tick the checkbox: Driver as 2nd Camera Point.

Note!, don't focus to the same racer which you placed the camera at! LFS can do some strange things
so the track cam placement doesnt work at Autocross layouts yet?

Edit: Btw, i think i liked the previous placement prediction better, its more switchy now. Like it doesnt know where it wants to go.
No sorry, not atm. I can look for some modifications so it might work.
Why would you use this feature on AU layouts?
Quote from FireFox86 :No sorry, not atm. I can look for some modifications so it might work.
Why would you use this feature on AU layouts?

So i can get some better cams when I'm making some drift videos :P
This is so standard
If you could get that to work, ill join your fanclub
Yeah ok, so it would be easier to record it in 1 go, but for now you can use the Shift U Focus feature right? Record each movie segment and edit it together later?
Quote from FireFox86 :Yeah ok, so it would be easier to record it in 1 go, but for now you can use the Shift U Focus feature right? Record each movie segment and edit it together later?

Do you know what a pain in the 4ss it is to get some smooth camera movement and zooming at the same time?
And if that feature ain't working, i can't set a camera to a specific place and let it stay there, but follow the car can i? And thats what i want/would want :P
Quote from dutchshogun :Do you know what a pain in the 4ss it is to get some smooth camera movement and zooming at the same time?

If you enabled the Shift U Focus Feature (the 1st one), then you can use the scrollbar to to change the FOV and height of the camera. Even better is to click on the scrollbar and you can use your mousewheel to increase/decrease the value.
Quote from FireFox86 :If you enabled the Shift U Focus Feature (the 1st one), then you can use the scrollbar to to change the FOV and height of the camera. Even better is to click on the scrollbar and you can use your mousewheel to increase/decrease the value.

but i mean: i need the camera to stick to a position, not following the car. That's the feature that needs the Path files i think :P Anywho, have fun updating and improving the program I'll find a way to sort it out
Keep it up
Quote :what version of lfs are you using? Are you sure its mine app that's causing it, and not another app?

z10
For some reason my LFS CarFocus is not the same as it's shown on the screens. Here is how mine looks
Attached images
camrec.jpg
Aaah I rewrote the camerpath a while ago, (the timeline interface) and because of that the load/save didnt work anymore. The buttons you see in the manual are hidden, thats why Although the timeline is a bit user friendlier (removing is now possible). I'll fix the load and save methods for the camerapath in the next version
Oh, ok... I still can't figure how exactly does the other 2 options than "FollowMode Car Focus" work, but i hope i will some day. Some Video Tutorial would've been nice. The videos now don't exactly help to understand how the application work, but they are at least helpful to preview the 3 options. Really nice software tho' i love it.
A small update which will be released any time soon now (in March). The CameraPath timeline was made for a replay speed of 1x, but the cameras would be out of sync when movie makers are recording at 0.250 or 0.500.
Some of you may know, but the next release will have a big surprise for viewing races and broadcasting
Quote from FireFox86 :A small update which will be released any time soon now (in March). The CameraPath timeline was made for a replay speed of 1x, but the cameras would be out of sync when movie makers are recording at 0.250 or 0.500.
Some of you may know, but the next release will have a big surprise for viewing races and broadcasting

woot woot, i love surprises
i guess: an Overlay? and you can select skins or something? :P
It took a while, but here is another release of CarFocus. The new feature is the broadcast section to control LFS cameras via another PC. The rotatable CustomView cameras are really cool to see: http://vimeo.com/5381078
Visit the link below to see the information about CarFocus features. I've noticed that there might be a few problems by a few people. I hope by this release to pin those problems down and fix those.
You can create a ticket on the website to report any bugs or requests. I appreciate both

CarFocus Information, downloads and more

Cheers
Hey!

I got a fail when i try to connect to LFS... The error is say this...

Quote :Connected failed. Reason: A connection attempt failed because the one who joined, did not respond properly after a period, or the connection failed because the connected host is not answered 67.215.65.132:30000
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google Translated!

Anyone get the same fail? How can i chance it? What is it?

//Mat6681 - This!
CarFocus should connect to your local IP and on the LFS insimport. I think you connected to a LFS Server?
Quote from FireFox86 :CarFocus should connect to your local IP and on the LFS insimport. I think you connected to a LFS Server?

?? I can't get it yo work...
Do you have Teamviwer 4?

You can add me to MSN and then can you "overtake" me PC with Teamviwer... =D

Please PM me if you can!

//Mat6681 - This!
If you explain what you tried? Have you tried to connect with any other insim application to LFS. Do you know how todo that?

Try for example localhost or 127.0.0.1 as hostname, and use your insimport.
Enable insim by typing /insim=30000 or your insimport.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG