The online racing simulator
Help Please
(11 posts, started )
Help Please
Well before I got my new 2 gb ram cardi was getting maybe 15-25 fps now I have put in my 2 gb. I went from 448mb of ram to 1.86gb but im still getting only 20-30 fps.
Why is this? How can I get more fps
I guess you upgraded the RAM , this will help a little , but it wont improve your FPS too much, LFS isnt that much of a memory hog.

It looks like your using onboard graphics (and you changed from using 64mb > 128mb sys memory). Without any more infomation about your hardware configuration, it is hard to really help/guide you to improving performance.
Well what do you need to know
Its a toshiba satellite m115 laptop
i think its got ati graphics
Specs i dragged off the net.

# PROCESSOR: Intel Core Duo T2050 (1.6 GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, no 64-bit or VT)
# CHIPSET: Intel 945GM
# MEMORY: 512MB DDR2
# HARD DISK: 80GB 5400rpm SATA
# OPTICAL DRIVE: DVD-RAM (supports DVD+/-RW, CD+/-RW, and DVD-RAM)
# SCREEN: 14" WXGA (1280x800) Glossy
# VIDEO: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 950
# AUDIO: Realtek Hi-Definition Audio

I reccomend adjusting the LOD values in LFS graphic options and enabling multiplayer speedup/draw distance. Check your AA /AF settings (disable)

Im not a laptop geek really and wouldnt know where to start with optimising the Intel GPU. The CPU should cut it just about.
Yeah thats my computer, well anybody else got some suggestions or can a mod move this to the hardware section.
Anyone? Sorry for nagging but im really just trying to get good fps from my laptop
Your onboard graphics chip is simple not able to handle the load LFS is throwing at it. You need to reduce your settings.

What resolution are you running at? AA and AF? Reduce the quality settings in the ATI control panel and in LFS itself. Dynamic LOD Reduction is an important setting. It dynamically reduces the level of detail when your FPS drops in order to keep a more constant FPS. Maybe reduce the texture detail and the mipmapping. Play around with the settings in LFS to find the right balance between image quality and performance.
Oh Ok... so is this part not replaceable?
No.
Fudge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have the same dude. stupid Intel onboard cards but I get 40fps I have a toshiba portege M300

Help Please
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG