The online racing simulator
Buy Wheel?
(11 posts, started )
Buy Wheel?
Hello I want help from good racers. My Bl1 gp FBM pb is currently 1:12:67 and I want to know if its better to buy wheel and ride on it or to use mouse... Some ppl are talking wheel doesnt improve your times just feeling and some oposite ...
Buy a wheel.

It's possible to drive quickly with a mouse, but most people find it easier to be quicker with a wheel. And it's more fun.

Buy a wheel.
#3 - Joris
And when you are out spending....How about s2
#4 - Mrwei
Buy 911 Wheel
So great
YES.

The best is by far the Logitech G25, but it's very expensive. If you can't afford that, try to get a Logitech Driving Force Pro (DFP).

Both have 900 degrees of movement (2 and a half complete turns), but the G25 has a clutch pedal and an 'H' shifter (where each gear has it's own slot). The DFP only has accelerator and brake pedals and a sequential stick (click one way to change up, the other way to change down). Both have the gearshift flaps behind the wheel.
or g25 (very good too just need to clean the potmeter at some time)

Edit: crashgate ur too fast
here the steps for demo racers (without wheel):

-buy S2,
-go to an online shop and buy a wheel of your choice (for beginners i recommend the formula force ex, its cheap and FFB is good)
-make sure you really have bought s2
-eat something
-look at your order status for your new wheel
-activate your s2 account
-wait some days and have a surprise how good the feeling is with a wheel in combination with s2

its just joking, but i can recommend following wheels:
-logitech formula force ex (cheap wheel with good ffb) about 40 €
-logitech dfp (good wheel, many buttons, excellent ffb) about 90€
-g25 (the heaven of racing!!!!) about 230 €
-911 (good wheel with good ffb) dont know the price, but i have heard only good things about
From switching from a mouse to a wheel your times are likely to be slower while you get used to the wheel but once you are used to it then, personally I think, its easier to go faster due to the analogue controls.

So yes get a wheel.
I didntt asked for what wheel but thx. I would buy G25. Just I wanted to know if it will help me improve my times. And i mean it will help me to let my tires to be live longer
Quote from L@gger :And i mean it will help me to let my tires to be live longer

That it probably will do. A wheel allows you to be more precise and smoother with your steering inputs, which can have a positive effect on tyre wear and temperature.

As far as your times are concerned, you'll probably find that you're not going to be much faster with a wheel in the beginning. It's perfectly possible to be very very fast with a mouse.
Quote from Crashgate3 :YES.

The best is by far the Logitech G25, but it's very expensive. If you can't afford that, try to get a Logitech Driving Force Pro (DFP).

Both have 900 degrees of movement (2 and a half complete turns), but the G25 has a clutch pedal and an 'H' shifter (where each gear has it's own slot). The DFP only has accelerator and brake pedals and a sequential stick (click one way to change up, the other way to change down). Both have the gearshift flaps behind the wheel.

You forgot to mention that a simular setup to the G25 elsewhere would cost up to 4 times as much (i.e FREX, ActLabs etc), and that if you buy a DFP, if you need to correct a slide, it's very hard to do so because you cannot turn the wheel fast enough, and IIRC this is because of the motors/bearings inside (or something), and cannot be fixed via driver/setup.

Besides, with crimbo around the corner, G25's will probbably be cheap and plentiful.

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/u ... 5-racing-w.html?srcid=867 in stock for £145.

Buy Wheel?
(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG