The online racing simulator
Advanced strategy mode
(13 posts, started )
#1 - axus
Advanced strategy mode
I have been thinking about a new fuel system to help out with making a complete strategy before the race and avoiding changing it most of the time during a race. This is how it works:

You have an n lap race.
If you pit between laps a and b, add x% fuel in or fill tank to x% fuel (you should have an option between the two). If you pit between laps c and d add x% fuel in etc, until you get the second variable (b, d, f...) to be equal to the total number of laps. This way you can know that if you pit between laps a and b you have to still make a certain number of pitstops to finish the race and it is best to put fuel such that you get to a certain lap... You get the idea. While it may seem like a lot of work to do this between each race, this is not a feature for the casual "weekend" racer, but for a league racer to make sure that he can focus on his driving as much as possible during the race.
Yes than add a certain volume of flamable liquid lighter than h2o that fuels the mechanical devices with 4 wheels virtualy driven on this electronicly animated computer simulation at point X and Q +7 as you pass the place of stopping fuel more usage at engines maximum volocity times pi to the power of 17.
#3 - axus
I love your posts. They always contribute so much to the forum.
Somebody made this in Polish forum already. Let me look for it and I will post it here.
By the way who the hell made up this idea that we should use percent (%) values with the fuel usage? That's just exteremely confusing. Litre system would be a bit more logical...
Quote from deggis :By the way who the hell made up this idea that we should use percent (%) values with the fuel usage? That's just exteremely confusing. Litre system would be a bit more logical...

I guess that it is simply because it's easier to edit the car's values (fuel consumption, fuel tank size). Maybe the litres would be easier to calculate, maybe not. The numbers are smaller but the decimals are more important then so you would have to deal with more numbers. 7.5% per lap can be round off to 8% but 3.8 litres to 4l -> bigger error. The maximum in the %-case is always 100% but in the litre system it varies, probably between 20 to 60 litres. And you would need to remember the fuel tank size for different cars...

But I would still like to have in litres
Though I agree an actual volume unit would be better, some would be confused more with liters. So it would need to be tied in with when you select kph/mph that you also select liter/gallon.

This has been suggested before to change it to liters, so I hope if the devs are going to do that, they also think of us like they did with the mph and allow us to display gallons as well.

Oh, and FPVaaron? Sure one of those posts was useful, but you posted the exact same thing twice, so that makes the second one useless. One post out of 129 is only 0.78% good posts.
#9 - axus
The point of the thread was not to discuss the litre/gallon/% issue, but to discuss the actual system...
Id love to actually see a "Crewcheif client" where anotehr player could play the role of Team Principal/Engineer to modify tire and fueling strategy as the race goes on....

'twould include:
Quick Check fuel strategy (put in a number of stops and it calculates the fuel needed to make it happen
Fuel Window Sizing (add or subtract fuel to make your fuelling window larger or smaller)
Tire Compound selection (ability to change tire compounds mid race)
Full Timing and scoring display (car positions of track, feild positions, laptimes and splits)

With all this a pair of people could cooperate like an actual race team

on a mroe advanced level id like to see the option to pull into the garage and have tuning changes made, without the driver going to teh pit menu
Quote from Hyperactive :I guess that it is simply because it's easier to edit the car's values (fuel consumption, fuel tank size). Maybe the litres would be easier to calculate, maybe not. The numbers are smaller but the decimals are more important then so you would have to deal with more numbers. 7.5% per lap can be round off to 8% but 3.8 litres to 4l -> bigger error. The maximum in the %-case is always 100% but in the litre system it varies, probably between 20 to 60 litres. And you would need to remember the fuel tank size for different cars...

But I would still like to have in litres

And it would be impossible to have the fuel tank size in the car info?

And of course it would be possible to choose gallons instead of litres, I just forgot it. Playing around with these percent values is unrealistic and extremely confusing.
I think it's simpler to work with percentages, you only have to know one figure to work out fuel strategy.

Advanced strategy mode
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG