The online racing simulator
Question Re: Audio Splitting?
(13 posts, started )
#1 - KWAK7
Hi,

Just curious, When racing I use Ventrilo. I use a headset for Ventrilo and a Home Speaker system for LFS sound. I was wondering if I could separate the sound of vent to just come through the headset and not the Speaker system and have LFS just come through the Speaker system and not the headset?

Would a USB headset for Ventrilo and the audio out port for the LFS separate it?

Just a idea, cheers for any info
Quote from KWAK7 :Hi,

Just curious, When racing I use Ventrilo. I use a headset for Ventrilo and a Home Speaker system for LFS sound. I was wondering if I could separate the sound of vent to just come through the headset and not the Speaker system and have LFS just come through the Speaker system and not the headset?

Would a USB headset for Ventrilo and the audio out port for the LFS separate it?

Just a idea, cheers for any info

I think is not posibble , cuz all the "Sound" come from one place
#3 - KWAK7
Well that wasn't very helpful. Anyone else have any ideas? Cheers.
Quote from KWAK7 :Well that wasn't very helpful. Anyone else have any ideas? Cheers.

Yes, someone here told me about a program called QuickSoundSwitch. It does exactly what you are asking about, but it is a bit buggy with my sound card. You can try it youself, though. http://www.quicksoundswitch.toflo.de/

edit: you can fix this problem without software - just buy a cheapo sound card and you will be able to choose which one goes to which, afaik. At least with my USB headset it's that way. Maybe not with 3.5 jack headsets? Not sure, though.

edit2: its probably the usb headset, not the sound card.
If you have more than one sound card, then you can do it pretty easily be setting up correct output for DirectSound apps and Ventrilo.... maybe some multichannel soundcards would be able to kind of emulate this behaviour when set to 5.1/7.1 speaker setup, but I've never tried it (at least my F10 Linux box seemes to be capable of such thing, but it would really application-dependant)
There probbably are programs that can do this, but I wouldn't know where to start looking. :hide:

If not, just get a cheap USB headset or something to work with your normal speakers/headphones?
#7 - Jakg
Simple solution - 2 sound cards (i.e. onboard and a cheap-o one, or in my case a USB one).
#8 - KWAK7
Cheers guys, I think I have a different solution, will share when I have tested it.
Playback multi-streaming. Not all sound chipsets have it. Realtek HD Audio does, I have no idea about any other ones.
Tricky solution would be to use a 5.1 soundcard, route LFS through the front channel and your 3.5mm headset into the rear and mic. Set Vent to only push audio to the rear and jobs a good'un. Easy way would be, as Jakg mentioned, 2 sound cards. Or a USB headset.
Yip the USB idea works. I have a decent headset that uses 3.5mm ports, so purchased this item from our version of ebay here in New Zealand, www.trademe.co.nz.

$8nzd it cost me and works a treat! Cheers for the help guys,

SOLVED!
Attached images
62880450.jpg
#12 - Jakg
any usb headset will install a virtual soundcard. usb bluetooth dongle and a bluetooth hands free kit does the job for me.
you just tell your VOIP program to use the usb/bluetooth sound and job done. i have tested and use this method on teamspeak alot.
you need something like this: http://www.dabs.com/productvie ... e=All&NavigationKey=0

please ignore this post. i didn't read the last two posts. my bad.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG