The online racing simulator
Logitech DFP 900 degree question
(16 posts, started )
#1 - kydco
If the LFS software supports true 900 degree steering on Logitech DFP, why don't both lights on the wheel come on indicating 900 degrees?

Thanks in advance,

kydco
which light is not on. Sometimes this indicates either no power is to the unit or something else (cant remember)
#3 - kydco
The 2 green LED's between the L2 and R2 buttons will both illuminate when running Gran Turismo 4 on PS2 indicating 900 degree compatability. The wheel works ok on LFS but I was just wondering if it is really supporting 900 degrees

Thanks for the quick follow-up

kydco
probably because the wheel is made for the ps2
Turn the wheel to full lock in LFS, and wiggle. If the virtual wheel moves too then it's in 900 degree mode. If it stops working at about 250 degrees then it isn't.
Are you using the Logitech profiler? It helps alot, and see if your wheel is actually set to 900°, cause both lights should be on. And on the computer the lights have nothing to do with force feedback, not even on playstation, it just tells you if it's in 200° or 900°.

When you got your DFP set to 900°, don't forget to let the game know it! Every time I mess up my controls, I need to turn my wheel in both direction completely, otherwise LFS thinks it only has 200°.

Quote :probably because the wheel is made for the ps2

As far as I know it's 100% compatible with computers, Logitech just doesn't puts it under their garantee.
#7 - evans
Quote from sgt.flippy :Are you using the Logitech profiler? It helps alot, and see if your wheel is actually set to 900°, cause both lights should be on. And on the computer the lights have nothing to do with force feedback, not even on playstation, it just tells you if it's in 200° or 900°.

When you got your DFP set to 900°, don't forget to let the game know it! Every time I mess up my controls, I need to turn my wheel in both direction completely, otherwise LFS thinks it only has 200°.

As far as I know it's 100% compatible with computers, Logitech just doesn't puts it under their garantee.

Thought it'd be a good idea to link to the WingMan Logitech Profiler, since it's not exactly easy to find

http://www.wingmanteam.com/lat ... ware/latest_soft_main.htm
#8 - kydco
Got it! That's all it took. The profiler was all I needed.

Thanks for the assistance!
No problem, that's what most people are here for!

P.S. Evans, I was just coming back to take a look here and post a link if he couldn't find it
Quote from sgt.flippy :As far as I know it's 100% compatible with computers, Logitech just doesn't puts it under their garantee.

doesnt mean it was designed for pcs though
was not designed but works. My dads lexus was not designed for drifts, but it still can do them!!
Logitech sells DFP "as a PS2 wheel" only because of marketing reasons. Which is incredibly stupid thing, they think they can sell two wheels for some players who like to have a wheel for both PC and PS2 - just because Logitech doesn't officially support PC. As far as I know Wingman (http://www.wingmanteam.com) is the designer and they also make the drivers which officially supports DFP.

Most of console guys says it's designed for PS2 and GT4 which is false. It's technically based on black MOMO and the 900-degree steering isn't that big technical difference that it would need the whole wheel to be made from scratch.
Quote from GT4Fan :Only difference there is, is that with 200 degree, the steering inputs are way too sensitive. I got the wingman too now (thanks btw) and I configured it perfectly. My steering inputs are show exactly the same ingame. I set it up at 720 degree ingame for 900 degree steering.

You will move your hands exactly as the ingame racer does

Huh? I know that... but I wasn't even talking about that, just mentioned about the technical differences.
it's funny 'cos with the PC mine starts up properly, doing it's calibration thing on boot, but with the ps2 and GT4 it seems to require a re-plug on startup, most annoying, but it's not like i bought it to play GT4 with

BTW mine's set at 540, it's a nice compromise for all the cars in LFS, te single seaters just feel a bit wrong at 900/720
You can set the DFP to 900 degree mode without software by pressing the Right-Flappy-Paddle, R3 and Select at the same time. You'll hear a click and the light will light up. Press again to toggle back.

Left paddle, R3 and Select do force feedback modes, if I recall correctly.
Quote from Theafro :BTW mine's set at 540, it's a nice compromise for all the cars in LFS, te single seaters just feel a bit wrong at 900/720

I use different settings for each class of car...720 for road cars, 540 for GTRs, 450 for single-seaters and 270 for the MRT. That matches the in-game steering for all those cars.

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG