The online racing simulator
Dedication, Dumb or both? (rally)
(19 posts, started )
A mixture of dedication and insanity, I just wish the co-driver used that stupid horn while the driver was under the hood.
Insane, seen the pictures but didn't know what it was about. I guess they only did that because the distance to finish was so short, still a bit mad though.
Afaik Kankkunen pulled off something like that. Can't remember was it the co-driver or himself, but I seem to remember one of the two was on the engine, holding a spark plug in place.

(Not my scan)
...I love rallying
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Afaik Kankkunen pulled off something like that. Can't remember was it the co-driver or himself, but I seem to remember one of the two was on the engine, holding a spark plug in place.

iirc hes not the only one... a lot of rally drivers have done ridiculous drives with cars that shouldnt be moving anymore
#9 - 5haz
Only Lancia would build a car with a bonnet that opens forwards.

Unless its a completely removable bonnet.

I love the rallying attitude of not stopping until the car simply cannot move forward any further, shame its all a bit watered down nowadays.
#11 - 5haz
That's nothing. Check this video, crash at 0:30, suspension is dead... The navigator sat out to balance the car... Then watch what happens after it...
Quote from Töki (HUN) :That's nothing. Check this video, crash at 0:30, suspension is dead... The navigator sat out to balance the car... Then watch what happens after it...

i cant belive hes stupid enough to sit on the bonnet again after the crash

loeb did something similar but not quite as stupid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QeA6Wh46iY
In Group B (I am not sure, but I think it was Stig Blomqvist and his co) they lost the front right wheel of their Quattro. So the Co sat on the Rear Spoiler to get a bit more weight on the back. There was even a comic... but it´s late and I am too lazy to search for pictures. But I am sure somebody else knows the details better than me ;-)
Quote from buedi :There was even a comic... but it´s late and I am too lazy to search for pictures. But I am sure somebody else knows the details better than me ;-)

pretty please? i wanna see that
Quote from Shotglass :pretty please? i wanna see that

OK, I searched through nearly all my Racing and Rallying Books and I found it. I was sure that I had seen a Photo from it in one of my Books or maybe in the Internet. But I can´t find it. So there´s only the Drawing... which looks quite funny
Attached images
Mikkola_Herz_RAC_.jpg
yay thanks
quite funny indeed

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG