The online racing simulator
Axes problem
(7 posts, started )
Axes problem
Hey guys

Yesterday I was messing around with the axes/FF and I regret it bigtime, cos I fked everything up. I'm so dumb I forgot what I did and everybody I've asked for help has no idea what I have done, so you guys are my last chance. This is gonna' be a bit confusing, try hanging on

Ok so, to the problem. Throttle works, but car runs at 3500rpm when standing still (and touching nothing) but when I hit the brake pedal the rpm goes down to 1500rpm (wich it should be). And the brakes dont work at all.

Tried having different axes on the throttle and brake but when I press pedals, the yellow and blue thing on the righthand side moves only on axis Y (axis nr. 3) But I cant have both pedals on same axes, I've tried everything and I'm getting bald over here, so if there's any superhero out there, I need you now! help!

PIC: http://data.fuskbugg.se/skalman01/-axes.JPG

Big thanks, a-J

EDIT: Better idea, reset the whole thing? Can it be done somehow?
EDIT2: I had somehow pressed combined axis thing in windows settings, damn. well problem fixed.
If you delete "cfg.txt" file in LFS folder then I believe it will load up default settings once you launch it next time. If if was just LFS settings you've been playing with, it should help. You'll have to set separate axes for throttle/brake and assign them accordingly. On the axes sceen click Throttle and you throttle axis and do the same for the brake. To see which axis is which, just step you throttle or brake pedal and you should see one of the yellow bars moving.
Make pedals combined, should fix it.

Edit : :doh: You fixed it. Anyway, told you
I have the same problem, but I've had it since the 1st moment, so reset wont work. You said that in windows settings you changed from combined to separate axis...I cant see this in windows settings, where is it?

*My wheel is a Microsoft sidewinder
Is it me or everyone in Sweden live in Stockholm? Is there like ONE city there?
#7 - popsy
far too many words.

Axes problem
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG