The online racing simulator
team talk or ventrilo
(10 posts, started )
team talk or ventrilo
Hi there I play LFS really hard to get bether .Here is my question.
I'm asking you for help.I want to have team talk or ventrilo on my lfs demo server but i dont know how to install them .Can you tell me how to install it and use it and what is bether ?
Teamspeak or ventrillo is not built into lfs they are seperate applications, If you planning on hosting a ts/ventrillow server its best to look on their website which will usually link you to a dedicated server or client download.

Im not familiar with setting up ts/ventrillow servers though

If you want your ts/ventrillo server public im sure you can post the IP of the server on a join message o nyour server

Personally I think Teamspeak is alot easier to setup while ventrillo has better audio quality once you figure it out
I think teamspeak is alot eaiser to use =]
if i where you, i´d choose ventrillio.
it has much better sound quality then teamspeak and it isn´t like that hard to install / set it up.
Ventrilo definately - it's just way much better

Just download the server software and read the manual
I recently installed Ventrilo myself, for the first time. I honestly don't know what's difficult about it You install it, run it, set your mic and audio levels and you're basically set. It was all pretty self explanatory for me. Maybe if you don't know anything about computers it's a bit more difficult to get working, I don't know.

I've never used Teamspeak so I can't compare, but the sound quality with Ventrilo is super. Really crystal clear sound
I find Teamspeak easier to use than ventrillo, it also is integrated more nicely into a gaming environment, although I use both.
After my years of playing Counter Strike Source, I'm used to both Teamspeak and Ventrilo and in my opinion, based on sound quality and ease of use Ventrilo is far better.

The servers are cheap and they are really easy to set up, but that really depends on who you bought the server from. A lot of providers set the server up for you and give you a web based control panel to change whatever you want with ease.
--
Teamspeak has an easy to use interface quite user friendly.
It is free to host upto 10 servers with 1000 slots spead across those 10.

You can host this yourself for free or you can find many free TS hosters out there.

Ventrilo you can host yourself but with limit of 8 people unless you pay for a server, also the user interface is not very user friendly in regards to noobies. However the voice clarity is excellent.

Mumble, interesting software is mumble It is complex to learn the permission system and hard to add users, but it has voice quality that possibly rivals ventrilo and its free to host with a default capacity of 50 users. However I found some vista users had problems with internet explorer becoming laggy with mumble.

I actually host 1 of each of the above servers.

Well actually I host 10 TS servers and 1 vent and 1 mumble.

I would recommend TeamSpeak., its simple effective and can make decent rank/permission structure quite easily.

However I spent 4 years using and hosting and protecting TeamSpeak servers, You should probably get somebody who knows about it to assist you with basic server setup, security etc.

I can vouch for it as being 100% stable server and client side.

As for mumble and vent I have not really used them enough to tell you if they are suitable for your needs.

team talk or ventrilo
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG