The online racing simulator
Twincharging.
(131 posts, started )
Wow.. constant pressure turbo.. awesome..

Definatly the way forward.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Definatly the way forward.

I can't imagine driving around with a little turbine engine running just to spool the turbo on the road. It would be a bit noisy, lol All that car needs now is a fan to suck it onto the ground.
Quote from andybarsblade :i might be wrong but im sure i was told that they sorced high mileage motors from taxis

that what a myth.

the myth was that they used very high mileage blocks because if they are meant to fail, it would have failed.

Personally I don't see any truth in that though.
Quote from ajp71 :Turbo and supercharging are inefficient methods of forced induction, if you want maximum output and no lag at all then using constant pressure forced induction is the way to go.

Most non-centrifugal superchargers are constant pressure superchargers, or at least very close to this.

The limit on power is related to getting the fuel/air mixture in and out of the cylinders fast enough, while extracting a significant amount of the energy produced during combustion. Even with turbo or supercharging, air speed related issues such as mach effects with compression and turbulence, and viscosity become an issue.

This seems to be getting a bit off topic. What is the desired amount of power that sam93 is looking for? If it's more than 300hp, then the car should be a rear wheel drive (or all wheel drive) car.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :1.6l 4 pot would not churn out 2000hp. Never ever ever ever ever, quad turbos + nos + supercharge = Still not 2000hp

gota love how people compleetly dismiss a statement without even thinking about it

i know of SR20's that push out over 1400 HP havent seen a 2000HP one but thats mainly cause no one wants a grenad as a engine or dont want to waste the 300,000$ + that it would cost to get that. Just rember that engine's are advancing very quickly we have allready seen 1700+ RWHP out of the 2JZ's give it time mate
Quote from JJ72 :that what a myth.

the myth was that they used very high mileage blocks because if they are meant to fail, it would have failed.

Personally I don't see any truth in that though.

The reason was that the older blocks had released a lot of their internal stresses, and were a much more stable (and hence stronger and more reliable) base on which to build an engine, with bore dimension that could be controlled more accurately and a better reaction to internal thermal stresses. Nothing to do with "it is hasn't failed by now, it never will".

Twincharging.
(131 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG