The online racing simulator
Strange Firefox Rendering Problem
(4 posts, started )
#1 - amp88
Hi, folks. I'm having a strange problem with Firefox at the moment. It seems to be having problems rendering a few sites (including the LFS forum and google.com). I think this only happened after I ran Window Washer this morning, but I can't see how that would have caused these problems. To give you an idea of what's wrong, take a look at the attached screenshot. I have no idea what the problem is exactly or how to fix it. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Firefox and tried rebooting the PC, but to no avail. Any help or advice in solving this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Firefox version: 3.0.3
Window Washer version: 6.5.5.155

edit: When creating this topic I had to add in my own line breaks because none were inserted when I created this post.

edit2: Couldn't attach the image. Look here.
Looks like Window Washer removed a couple of bitmaps from the browser cache, that were used for the forum pages. Have you tried to switch off all "browser cleaning" in Window Washer?

BTW, I wonder what Window Washer can add to the privacy features that Firefox has. You've already got cookie control, clearing private data, etc.
Clear the FireFox cache, see if that helps.
#4 - amp88
Quote from wsinda :
BTW, I wonder what Window Washer can add to the privacy features that Firefox has. You've already got cookie control, clearing private data, etc.

Clearing private data only deletes it, Window Washer can shred it.

Quote from pb32000 :Clear the FireFox cache, see if that helps.

Hehe, I'm kicking myself now. That's solved the problem. Thanks

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG