The online racing simulator
Westhill reverse hotlap start position
Probably mentioned before, but couldn't find any threads in a 5min search.
Anyway, the start position in hotlap mode for Westhill Reverse is way too far forward. You have to turn around and go back almost half a lap to get up to 'normal' speed. I think a good start position would be the chicane in the middle sector. Just a suggestion, if it doesn't happen we will just keep turning around, it's not that much effort, it'd just be nice if we didn't have to
I believe the hot lap start position for every track and configuration is the last split to the start/finish line. I think the last split on WE reverse (the first one on normal) is less than 20 seconds from the start/finish line (at full speed). It must indeed hard to get to a good speed and do a hot lap.

What most people do anyway is go backwards a bit and do some donuts to heat up the tires; especially on WE since it's such a tire-muncher.

It's a good suggestion, and I can't believe it's not been fixed already: the hot lap system isn't perfect. In my opinion, the ability to ruin a lap by, say, hitting a wall on the split before the start line is completely useless. I understand that you can gain some speed by short-cutting before the start line or something, but I don't see how hitting a wall prior to starting your lap should improve it.

For the starting position, it would just be good to leave from the pits and start counting hot laps on the next lap. The tires would have time to get heated up, and it would be more realistic anyway.
Quote from boosterfire :For the starting position, it would just be good to leave from the pits and start counting hot laps on the next lap. The tires would have time to get heated up, and it would be more realistic anyway.

Yeah that's a good idea - but been suggested a long while back.. back in the biggie days :o
I think the reason they threw it out the door, was because you'd have to just go that slow on the out lap so your tires don't get burnt, and if you make a mistake on your hotlap, then you have to repeat the process all over again.. if it was a long track such as kygp long, then that'd be a 3min + (depending what car) out lap. Maybe they should just start the hotlaps at the 2nd last split
+1
+1
Quote from [DUcK] :Yeah that's a good idea - but been suggested a long while back.. back in the biggie days :o
I think the reason they threw it out the door, was because you'd have to just go that slow on the out lap so your tires don't get burnt, and if you make a mistake on your hotlap, then you have to repeat the process all over again.. if it was a long track such as kygp long, then that'd be a 3min + (depending what car) out lap. Maybe they should just start the hotlaps at the 2nd last split

Agreed, especially if you're doing a UF1 hotlap on a track like Aston Historic or something (whichever is the longest). However, if we're seeking realism, this is one of a lot of elements that are inconvenient, but realistic.
Quote from [duck] :yeah That's A Good Idea - But Been Suggested A Long While Back.. Back In The Biggie Days :o
I Think The Reason They Threw It Out The Door, Was Because You'd Have To Just Go That Slow On The Out Lap So Your Tires Don't Get Burnt, And If You Make A Mistake On Your Hotlap, Then You Have To Repeat The Process All Over Again.. If It Was A Long Track Such As Kygp Long, Then That'd Be A 3min + (depending What Car) Out Lap. Maybe They Should Just Start The Hotlaps At The 2nd Last Split

+1

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG