The online racing simulator
rTractor help !
(15 posts, started )
rTractor help !
Afternoon all !

Bagged a copy of rTractor off a mate, thought I might aswell give it a blast !

Install went smooth, got straight into the game. Brought a car (dodgy system =/) and chose a track to practice on. Loads fine. Go to drive, and theres no sound ! I can hear the gear whine from inside the car & can toot the horn all day long, but no engine noises !

Looking into the sounds folder, the 2 cars i tried, the Rhez and the Howsten (sp ?) have the relevent sounds mentioned, but are missing their engine sounds ! Any idea where i can obtain these, or wether patching may help ? (Version 1.255 currently, does it even need patching ?)

Sarge.
Ditch the standard rFactor content, head over to rFactor Central (you'll need to register to see the download links) and get some decent mods.

If you still get problems with the sounds on any other mods then i'm not sure what to suggest. Maybe check through all the sound options?
Christ you guys are fast !

@Duke Toaster: Thanks for those links, just what I was after !

@Beefyman: Certainly going to look for more content ! All sound options are "on". Nothing is muted

@Doorman: Was wondering where the "official" rFactor forums were, thanks !

Sarge.
#6 - ajp71
If you want to see what rF is capable of then you'll need the Realfeel plugin and a mod with decent physics, which are very few and far between.

If you own GTR2 (and have a disc) try the EOAA GT mod, likewise if you own GTL try the Historic GT mod. These two are the two best mods out their for rF and if you've been disappointed by the SimBin originals are well worth trying.

Other mods you could try are Niel's Corvette, Caterhams, Legend cars, Ferrari 312B, NAGT and the CSGT HPM.
I'm not going to comment on realism, but the 1979 F1 mod (ground effect), the 1988 F1 mod (last year of the turbos) and 1995 CART (900hp) mod are all fun. So are the trucks. Five tonnes of brown underpants going in to T1.

Some of the original content is poo, but I prefer their stock cars to the alternatives.

I would recommend the 1955 F1 mod, but it isn't - it's just one car. Pretty good fun though.

PS - those rF forums are RFC's which are unofficial.
i have the same problem, but i think just 1 car worked, dont know tho.

If you can solve it, please reply!
I'm not blaming you of anything, but some engine sounds in rF are encrypted and if you are using crack that doesn't prevent this you have a problem.

But, I would recommend of getting some proper mods. Original cars in rF suck.
hey guys instead of starting a new thread i'm going to ask is Rfactor kinda the closest compitition to LFS other than Iracing? and is it good?
Quote from swisscosmo :hey guys instead of starting a new thread i'm going to ask is Rfactor kinda the closest compitition to LFS other than Iracing? and is it good?

It depends what you are after, LFS offers a reasonable range of cars, mundane tracks and is the only one which offers instant online racing. iRacing is superbly detailed in some respects, has real cars (if that does it for you), is extremely expensive and getting a race involves sitting around for hours. rF offers a much larger choice of cars and tracks (but the majority of them are rubbish and are like an undrivible version of TOCA), pick up racing is confined to a small selection of cars and tracks (and the popular ones are always the shiny ones rather than interesting or well made ones) and getting everything compatible for online racing is a joke. Personally I wouldn't consider using rF online out of leagues (or against the AI for that matter).
Quote from duke_toaster :So are the trucks. Five tonnes of brown underpants going in to T1.

I absolutely love the trucks. Try them round the 'UK.Rally' map and you get a proper sense of just how big they are.
I just cant seem to get that Fortce feedbacdk normal some how what goin wrong the values are set to - when i can

becaus Its negative force feedback and other confuising stuf please some one mail me or msn me me its so dammed complicated
If you're getting negative Force Feedback (the wheel tries to move away from you instead of naturally re-centring itself), you can invert the forces by using '-100%' in the FFB strength options.

On a side note, my copy of GT Legends arrived yesterday, so I tried the rFactor Historic GT mod. Oh. My. God. It's amazing! They even have tweaks so you need to lift the throttle when you shift, a difference between LFS and rFactor that really bugs me, and takes me a while to get used to when I drive one sim after driving the other.
Quote from swisscosmo :hey guys instead of starting a new thread i'm going to ask is Rfactor kinda the closest compitition to LFS other than Iracing? and is it good?

Rfactor is fun, but crappy online. The physics aren't as well taught and responsive as LFS, but the real cars and tracks make up for it. LFS to me is way better. Having said that I think the open wheelers in rfactor are damn fun.

The reason it is rubbish online is because there are so many mods, so many tracks...that its hard to find a server you can actually play on without having to google find the car and track first.

It took me ages to find the F1RFT mod, which I find is the most popular online mod currently for rfactor, but the usual mod sharing sites have taken it down due to copyright breach.

rTractor help !
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG