The online racing simulator
graphics card series drivers.
(8 posts, started )
so i go the the nvidia site, and theres drivers, all updated. but there are drivers for 4-9 series and then a 200 series, the 4-9 all accept my card (7100) but whats the difference, a lower series does give me a lower frame rate but what are they for?
Quote from chavm481 :so i go the the nvidia site, and theres drivers, all updated. but there are drivers for 4-9 series and then a 200 series, the 4-9 all accept my card (7100) but whats the difference, a lower series does give me a lower frame rate but what are they for?

If you have a 7 series card then use 7. Why would you go download 9 series driver for your 7100?
Quote from Takumi_lfs :If you have a 7 series card then use 7. Why would you go download 9 series driver for your 7100?

Because it's a universal driver isn't it? I haven't looked for a while tbf.
#4 - garph
Quote from pb32000 :Because it's a universal driver isn't it? I haven't looked for a while tbf.

No. When you go to download the driver you're asked what series card you have.

The older cards have probably been optimized as much as they can be, the newer cards use different, newer technology, architecture, etc, etc and are just starting out thier optimization, tweaks, fix and whatever else cycle.

The newer cards can do more things, DX10 for example, which the older cards simply cannot, so why update them with stuff they cannot use.
Ok, as I say I haven't checked for ages. That said I remember getting specific drivers for my 8800, and all the cards below that had unified drivers.
ive gotten way better frames with the 9 series... but all the series are compatible with all the cards.
Quote from chavm481 :ive gotten way better frames with the 9 series... but all the series are compatible with all the cards.

Wait, your card transformed into a 9800GTX?
nope... i hoped so..

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG