The online racing simulator
Case fan
(4 posts, started )
Case fan
Hi guys

Since I installed my sound card, I noticed my GFX card getting much hotter. I think it's because it doesn't get enough fresh air because the sound card is right (few cm) underneath it. A case fan might be the solution, I thought. I want to mount one on the front of the case.

The problem is that I can only find 12*12 case fans that suck the air out, instead of in. Is there a way to make those fans do the opposite? Or is there a special type of fan for this?
Quote from hrtburnout :Hi guys

Since I installed my sound card, I noticed my GFX card getting much hotter. I think it's because it doesn't get enough fresh air because the sound card is right (few cm) underneath it. A case fan might be the solution, I thought. I want to mount one on the front of the case.

The problem is that I can only find 12*12 case fans that suck the air out, instead of in. Is there a way to make those fans do the opposite? Or is there a special type of fan for this?

I'll assume for a minute that you're not joking.......

If you've got a 120mm case fan and you want it to blow the air in, instead of out, then just turn the fan over and remount it. Assuming the mounting holes go all the way through the fan. Then the fan will blow air in, instead of out, along with picking up all the dust that is in the atmosphere near where your computer case is.

Have you mounted your sound card on the furthest slot away from the GFX card that you can?

Now tell me, you were just pulling my leg about this whole fan thing, weren't you.....
#3 - Jakg
All fans have air go in one way, and come out the other. Obviously some fans are JUST for intake (or exhaust) because they only have the mounting holes on one side, but most fans will have holes that go the whole way through so that you can mount them either way out.

Remember, air goes in the front (at the bottom) and out the back (at the top).
Quote from Joe_Keaveney :I'll assume for a minute that you're not joking.......

If you've got a 120mm case fan and you want it to blow the air in, instead of out, then just turn the fan over and remount it. Assuming the mounting holes go all the way through the fan. Then the fan will blow air in, instead of out, along with picking up all the dust that is in the atmosphere near where your computer case is.

Have you mounted your sound card on the furthest slot away from the GFX card that you can?

Now tell me, you were just pulling my leg about this whole fan thing, weren't you.....

Seriously, I wasn't joking. I wasn't sure if it was possible to mount it the other way around. Ofcourse I wouldn't spend money on something that turns out not to work. Thanks guys

Case fan
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG