The online racing simulator
Gauges
(15 posts, started )
Gauges
I dunno if this has been suggested before but i think the speed what the gauges are displaying is too much like if you are going 80 KMH it feels like 60 KMH and i have drove a real car IRL.
Field of view.

Try 160 FOV.

/end thread
Regardless of what it 'feels' like, the car is doing the speed indicated by the gauges, trust me...

It's because you're looking at the road through a screen covering maybe 20 degrees of your real FOV (field of view) that's trying to show a display covering 90 degrees. You can see the same effect on those police chase video shows where the camera car is doing 100mph but it looks like about 30mph because the camera is zoomed right in.

As blackout says, have a play with the FOV settings and you can get more of the sensation of speed - the higher the FOV, the faster it 'feels' but you get more distortion of the image, as the screen is only so big. The right setting for you will be a compromise between the two.
Thanks!
I have also been thinking about this... never thought of set the FOV different than it is now Thanks for writing it
A higher FOV is also useful as its easier to see cars either side of you as you overtake (or are overtaken.. )
Yes, I myself use a quite high FOV.
Bigger screen means more FOV. Also it depends how close the screen is from your eyes.
I use 90* FOV, it's the best choice to me
i use 100*
i use 80* FOV...

its quite near the wheel, but i cant stand those long arms when i set it further away
I use 110, but I've got a big widescreen and sit quite close.
Use 75 here, wouldn't be without it. Can see either side of my car with the look and I have no problem with the speed sense.
90 on 4:3 screen, and 120 on 16:9 screen
I use 110 on 22", I might put it at 120 soon, just to test.

Gauges
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG