The online racing simulator
Well... It's mostly due to how tightly integrated the whole Xcode+iPhone is, It'd be a difficult job for Apple to make it work on Windows for a few reasons:
1) No "Uniform" IDE, sure you could do it in Visual Studio, but you'd have people whining, wanting it for x IDE
2) They'd end up needing to port the iPhone Simulator to Windows, which would involve basically... redoing Cocoa/Cocoa Touch for Windows (A benefit to this, would be they could offer applications that would compile in Windows + OSX with minimal recodoing)
3) A vast majority of Windows developers have no ****ing clue about Objective-C (due to it being irrelevant to them), making it a very small minority, creating a result which makes less money than the effort (and costs) needed (unless they ended up charging an extortionate fee [thus cutting out more developers], making even less people using it, creating a vicious cycle.)

There's just a few reasons I can see why they don't open it up to Windows, mostly relating to the Language, and the tight integration with Native OSX frameworks/libraries.
#52 - Migz
Bassicly Apple are uptight nobs?

Anyways, WIN finnally got the other install of mac onto my laptop, and this one seems to be promising. Internet is working via ethernet, it boots without the dvd in the drive, and it doesnt show the error that the last mac install showed when i try to install the iphone sdk, but i didnt partition enough space into the mac partition so i dont have enough space to install the sdk :/ should do in about an hour after a re partition
No, it's just... why bother expending effort on a project when few people will use it? Would you design, build, set up manufacturing lines for a car that will sell 2 vehicles? It's a simple lack of demand, therefore not worth the expendature of money and effort.

In fact, if anyones being the "uptight knobs", it's the stubborn, blind faith to Microsoft developers who refuse to be open enough to work with anything that isn't coated in "Visual Studio". If they had any sort of sense, they'd atleast try doing stuff with Apple/Linux, and expand their own abilities (therefore job opportunities), and step out of their shitty, BSoD prone boxes.
#54 - Migz
Quote from dawesdust_12 :No, it's just... why bother expending effort on a project when few people will use it? Would you design, build, set up manufacturing lines for a car that will sell 2 vehicles? It's a simple lack of demand, therefore not worth the expendature of money and effort.

Oh right, fair enough. It would have helped me though, i wouldnt have had to have gone through ALL this effort to get the iphone sdk.

Quote from dawesdust_12 : If they had any sort of sense, they'd atleast try doing stuff with Apple/Linux, and expand their own abilities (therefore job opportunities), and step out of their shitty, BSoD prone boxes.

Like moi? haha, WIN!
I meant programmers with serious skill, not people who are just learning/****ing around trying to hack something together.
#56 - Migz
Oh thanks, thats not hurtful in anyway
Can somone finish this. i would love it.
I am to ADD to learn Objective-C.

Maybe in another lifetime.
#59 - Migz
Perhaps somebody else will finish it.
I never started on it due to the fact that after all the hassle of getting mac onto my vista laptop, i then couldnt work out how to install anything, nor how to use anything, and the internet wouldnt work, and so many things werent working, so i gave up with mac and stopped with this.
If i ever get a proper mac then perhaps i may try again, but until then perhaps someone else may want to start it?
I would try but i need to find mac os to install on a VM and then go from there...
Quote from kyler :I would try but i need to find mac os to install on a VM and then go from there...

Good luck.

Objective-C is a lot harder than C#, wrapping your mind around Cocoa is pretty difficult and to sum that all up, installing Mac OS in a VM is gonna be brutal to use, as there are NO drivers for it, so it'll run like shit (if you can install it at all)
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Good luck.

Objective-C is a lot harder than C#, wrapping your mind around Cocoa is pretty difficult and to sum that all up, installing Mac OS in a VM is gonna be brutal to use, as there are NO drivers for it, so it'll run like shit (if you can install it at all)

you can... ive seen it work... And yes it does have drivers if u do it right...
BUMP
Has someone made some sort of beta or test build? I would love this cause my keyboard has like a slot for iTouch and it would be great as outgauges
That will be very nice
It's a good idea. I don't have an iPhone but I'm interested in buying one, and such an app would be very interesing.

I'm a Java developer, and after I started to think about buying an iPhone, I googled a bit to find out if it would be possible to create my own software.

After seeing that you need a Mac OSX and pay for the SDK, I felt really stupid.
Then I went on to see what this "Objective-C" was all about.

Man, who the hell made this language up?! It's just terrible. I don't know what they were thinking when they made this up.

Then I went on to see if I wasn't the only one with this opinion and I googled "objective c sucks". Had quite a few laughs reading this blog post:
(Warning: don't open the link if you are easily offended...)
http://www.thesarcasm.com/index.php?id=252

Anyway, @topic, great idea but pretty much impossible to be made, unless we have a decent language compiler for iPhone.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG