The online racing simulator
Running a league with illegal mods ?
Hi there !

I just have a quick question to you guys. I have some ideas about a league that I would find interesting to create and play in. However, for it to be able to work, it would require the use of an illegal mod (slicktyre.exe to be precise...).

I would like to know if this is possible without risking bans from here or the game system, as long as I keep the server private and find a way not to mess with the PB/WR system (basically, it would be a RallyX league with sprint cars). ? I ask this, because I saw some servers running with tweak and slicktyre and don't get into trouble.

Thank you for your answers
I believe running online with any such mods automatically voids such records from being set (personal and world) so there shouldn't be a problem there. Additionally, I don't believe there is any problem with running a league with mods like slicktyre. Just be sure to keep it a private server (which all leagues should be doing during race times anyways).
theres no problem as there were leagues that use tweak.
How would they find out your using slickmod on a private server .

I personally would love to try the FXR with rally tires (knobblies.)
Everytime I load LFS it lies to me....

/me curses *sobs* ... Imagine ~20~odd more combos
Attached images
bkg_entry.jpg
Quote from MAGGOT :I believe running online with any such mods automatically voids such records from being set (personal and world) so there shouldn't be a problem there.

You'd be wrong there, but setting silly fast online pbs is not a problem - only the official hotlap charts are policed.
Quote from JasonJ :Everytime I load LFS it lies to me....

i just noticed that!
#8 - ajp71
Quote from MAGGOT :I believe running online with any such mods automatically voids such records from being set (personal and world) so there shouldn't be a problem there. Additionally, I don't believe there is any problem with running a league with mods like slicktyre. Just be sure to keep it a private server (which all leagues should be doing during race times anyways).

That isn't the case, autocross layouts (shorter than track) also set PBs. To run a league with mods it is probably best to choose obscure tracks and slow them down a bit with autocross objects to stop messing up peoples' PBs.
Quote from JasonJ :Everytime I load LFS it lies to me....

It's not a lie. I'ts the new XF WRC. Coming in the next patch.

(err...we can all dream...right?)
Quote from ajp71 :That isn't the case, autocross layouts (shorter than track) also set PBs. To run a league with mods it is probably best to choose obscure tracks and slow them down a bit with autocross objects to stop messing up peoples' PBs.

Tbh only really sad little people care about PB's so much.

Just run the league and have some fun, if it sets faster PB's then so be it.
You dont need to connect the server to the master server as it is a private server.

If you dont connect it to the master server then PB's are not updated.

However, as we're talking about a combo people wont have a PB for anyway, it's a pretty moot point.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG