The online racing simulator
game drifting
(70 posts, started )
now i got forza, is pretty hard to drift on it cos i dont have wheel for xb 360. thats why i think lfs is the best for drifting
Quote from Thunderhead :Sliding like mad in GT1 on Special Stage Route 11 with my 930 HP Mitsubushi GTO, while "As Heaven Is Wide" by Garbage plays in the background..... bliss.

Maybe a bit OT, but lol @ your awatar (from the comic I posted).

But to not to go completely ballistic with the OT, I'll just say that when it comes to drifting in games my choice would be LFS.

GT4 physics just aren't that good. It's a nice game to kill some time tho.
Forza by a mile. Seriously, GT4's physics are horrendous compared to Forza's.
actually, lets just all say LFS is the best. on LFS, i drifted the chicane at the end of the big straight (BTW, i still use version X), and i cought the tires, and rolled 3 times. so, LFS has the best physics, and i think they wil get better
gran turismo and forza just wont let the car flip atleast! but he driving not (sliding) is very good.
Quote from GrIp DrIvEr :to me, GT3 is their best effort yet. All the graphics looked better than GT4, and the driving physics were better than GT4. Hopefully, I get out of old school consoles soon, and get a PS3 (or XBOX 360).

I was going to post this actually! I'm not sure about the graphics, but the physics in GT3 were a lot better than in GT4, although that certainly is not an achievement, it is amazing to notice that they've gone backwards at least once. They actually still had the "simulation" tyres in GT3, which allowed some sort of drifting not too far from what GT5P has done.

That said, Forza 2 is miles ahead of GT5P - wheel or no wheel.
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Heck no, all GT games sucks ass, and that's that

So that's why they are some of the most sold video games on PS1, 2 and 3?

- GT1 on PS1: 1st place
- GT2 on PS1: 3rd place
- GT3 on PS2: 1st place
- GT4 on PS2: 3rd place
- GT5P on PS3: 5th place (and now guess where GT5 will end up when it's released)

Selling more != being good. By good I mean realistic.
Nobody said it would be realistic. But saying the most sold games on PS1 and 2 would not be good... i don't know, come again?
Quote from jibber :So that's why they are some of the most sold video games on PS1, 2 and 3?

- GT1 on PS1: 1st place
- GT2 on PS1: 3rd place
- GT3 on PS2: 1st place
- GT4 on PS2: 3rd place
- GT5P on PS3: 5th place (and now guess where GT5 will end up when it's released)

I don't care if it's one of the most sold games ... Still sucks ass.
And btw, it's not really that close to being one of the most sold.

These are WAAAAY ahead:

CS
WoW
Many Star Wars games
Forza
Battlefield

I'm sure that GT is pretty far down the list.

And most sold = good doesn't mean anything tbh ... GT1 maybe got sold alot since it was good back in the 90's but we are in the year 2008 now
Quote from Tim_J_23 :

CS
WoW
Many Star Wars games
Forza
Battlefield

except for the star wars ones none of these games have been sold on any playstation platform.
Quote from Biohazard :except for the star wars ones none of these games have been sold on any playstation platform.

AW DARNIT!
I didn't read the first part what he wrote, rofl xD

But Battlefield is sold on PS2 I think ...
oh, of course. you're right. (although battlefield on the playstation is not even near fun.)
Every FPS (first person shooter) on video console sucks, only good is IRL and on computer
Except for James Bond World is not Enough @N64
Quote from Tim_J_23 :
And most sold = good doesn't mean anything tbh ... GT1 maybe got sold alot since it was good back in the 90's but we are in the year 2008 now

Yes it does. People buy what they like, therefor... games that sell lots and lots of copies are usually good. If you don't like it, you're probably in the minority. Heck, even people here on the lfs-forum who hate arcade-ish games admit that the GT-series are good fun (not for realism, but for fun).

And if we talk about a game being good or bad etc, please don't make stupid points like the one with "we are in the year 2008 now". If you talk about a game being good or bad... it's of course to be seen as "back then, when it was released... great game, blabla". I thought that would be common sense pretty much.
Gran Turismo 2 + TOM's Altezza + apricot hill = Epic Win.
GT3's Escudo Pikes Peakes with suspension setup for epic wheelie round the test track = More pure win 1337z0rz.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :GT3's Escudo Pikes Peakes with suspension setup for epic wheelie round the test track = More pure win 1337z0rz.

but once you reach T1 or T2 Pure Fail
i love drving cars in gt4's nurburgring. i have a old 5min record with the toyo gt-1

game drifting
(70 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG