The online racing simulator
Sports Car Gt ????
(15 posts, started )
Sports Car Gt ????
hey guys i was messing around with old games last night and found sports car gt and rembered just how fun it used to be. anyways after alot of stuffing around i finaly got to load in once and couldnt stand the gfx
anyone else rember some cool old games?
#2 - JJ72
carmageddon?? the gfx is alright in sports car GT imo, even the 2d standard dashboard.
Sports Car GT was great, i loved it. I also remember Insane, and the funny Midtown Madness 2 with hundreds of addon cars. And of course, one of my favourite games ever: TOCA2 (1998).
Screamer and Screamer 2 were also major players. Also, there was Ultimate Race Pro.
A german Sports Car GT forum was where I found out about LFS.
Quote from dawguk :Screamer and Screamer 2 were also major players. Also, there was Ultimate Race Pro.

Ultimate race pro was quite nice. Sports car gt was very nice too, was probably the first game where I used steering wheel (or gpl). Carmageddon 2 was nice too.

Oh, it was ten years ago. *goes into nostalgic mode.

The first need for speed was epic fun. Playing it on playstation with my mates, taking cars with similar specs always guaranteed good fun. Kinda like later on with GT1. I still have fond memories of our battles, my friend liked the subarus and I was more inclined towards the supras. Great stuff! I guess I need to take the ps1 off the shelves, plug it in and replace all those pleasent memories with bitter grin and despair because my ps1 randomly freezes
Quote from zeugnimod :A german Sports Car GT forum was where I found out about LFS.

I found out about LFS through Speedsims, one of the biggest SCGT sites/forums there ever was.

I miss that site, and that community. Shame the site closed and the community degenerated into the EA F1 series of games. They were rubbish compared to SCGT.
Colin McCray Rally 2 was always good for a bit of sideways action but toca 2 was always good

Anyone remember street racer?
Quote from MAGGOT :I found out about LFS through Speedsims, one of the biggest SCGT sites/forums there ever was.

Ah the good ol' days of Speedsims...I still remember having seen you in those forums, IIRC quite a few of LFSers used to be around those forums too.

Sports Car GT was good fun too, I remember my first races and leagues online with it, for that time it was a blast to race against non-AI drivers

Oh btw, not the same site but full of nostalgics (mainly runs Nascar Heat, though it has NOTHING to do with ovals):

www.speedsims.net
lol Screamer never played that but
Screamer 4x4 was so far the most realistic 4x4 game i have played todate
Motor City Online.
It was the shutting down of that made me stumble onto LFS as I searched for a decent online racer. I loved it so much and still wish EA had cared about it enough to invest in marketing and development. Ho hum.

I had the first 2 Screamer games and really liked them. Good soundtracks
Carmageddon was good, just a shame the series went tits up due to the outcry.
I also quite liked 1nsane back in the day. And NFS up until Most Wanted 2.
#12 - 5haz
I got into SCGT about a short while after Speedsims closed, and most of the sites devoted to the sim were long gone, but I used to have a great laugh racing group C and Sports cars off Racecarsim and Czech SCGT.

I remember coming across some early beta game called Live For Speed while searching for GPL stuff, didn't think much of it at the time.
heheh i played Motor city online all of beta had over 50 accounts. was a good way to get lots of money
SCGT was verry good! also Nascar 2002/2003 was great! had a lot of fun with it! and online for sure!
Quote from NitroNitrous :one of my favourite games ever: TOCA2 (1998).

i loved that one two but i mesed up my install and i need to uninstall but im missing some files could you put them in a zip file and e-mail them to me plz

Sports Car Gt ????
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG