The online racing simulator
Wide screens & LFS resizing
(5 posts, started )
Hi there.
I'm browsing the monitor and the screenshots forums, but I wasn't able to find an answer.

How does LFS behave with wide screen resolutions ? Any known issue ?
Does it just show "more" world on both sides ? Does it place black stripes at top and bottom screen ?

I saw many posts where wide screens are largely suggested as a good buy, so I guess there must not be major annoyances...
#2 - J@tko
Quote from Ripley :Hi there.
I'm browsing the monitor and the screenshots forums, but I wasn't able to find an answer.

How does LFS behave with wide screen resolutions ? Any known issue ?
Does it just show "more" world on both sides ? Does it place black stripes at top and bottom screen ?

I saw many posts where wide screens are largely suggested as a good buy, so I guess there must not be major annoyances...

It 'show more world on both sides' , unless you have an odd screen size.
Odd ?!?!? I hope not !
Samsung 226BW, 22", nat. res. 1680x1050, 16:10.

I am not at home, and won't be for some time, that's why I ask instead of just trying.
itt just show the word and gui normally without any distortions or whatever
if you get more world or less rather deoends on where you put the fov slider
havent used your resolution yet but ive used lots of odd and less odd ws resolutions and everything worked just fine
IIRC, going from a standard 4:3 resolution to a 16:10 resolution results in the top and bottom of the screen getting chopped. You can then compensate for this using the FOV setting, which has a very wide range.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG