The online racing simulator
12 Hours of Kyoto GP: Protest thread
State your protest here:

Include the following in your protest
• The correct lap,
• The cars (/teams) involved
• The lap/sector/time
• And a short description from your point of view.

Include a replay with at least 10s before and 10s after the event for which you protest (link). Additionally a movie of the incident may be useful as well, but protests have to include a replay. Link to MPR edit to cut out the part of the mpr the protest is about.

Free sites to upload movies are: http://www.mediafire.com
http://www.rapidshare.com
Lap: 1
Teams: 05, 06, 16
Sector: 1

spdo hit #16, #16 went into us(#05) we started on the grass effectively and dropped way back into the GT2 field. This has ruined our race tbh.
Attached files
3id_incident_1.zip - 872.1 KB - 234 views
Statement from Team #16:

N. Dakovic couldn't avoid the hit of My3id, we lost significant time ourselves and found ourselves on place 9 after T1.
N. Dakovic got hit by spdo car and then hit #low car slightly and hit yours aswell.
Hmm, looking at the replay it looked difficult for Marc to avoid. Maybe it was lag but niki seemed to take forever to react to the start? Or was Marc too early?

Were the cars all too close?
Quote from BenjiMC :Lap: 1

spdo hit #16, #16 went into us(#05) we started on the grass effectively and dropped way back into the GT2 field. This has ruined our race tbh.

Investigating
#6 - Cawwa
Protest from car #32 against car #33.
On our lap 45 (I think) we got hit from behind in the highspeed corner entering the oval. Made us spin.
Replay after this stint.
Quote from joshdifabio :Hmm, looking at the replay it looked difficult for Marc to avoid. Maybe it was lag but niki seemed to take forever to react to the start? Or was Marc too early?

Were the cars all too close?

looks like cars were definately too close and appie started way too late. After the finish line isn't a good idea imho.
But back to topic, i think marc had a good start but no jumpstart, it looked like that for me in the mpr and Niki told me that he had a quite good start and didnt really miss it.
#8 - xenoa
Protest against car #4, assraped #14 in braking at the end of lap 3 and caused us to spin....

New version of the rpl...should work now...i checked it myself
Attached files
test_rpl.mpr - 622.6 KB - 277 views
Quote from BenjiMC :Lap: 1

After reviewing the replay, the admins have come to the following verdict:

#06 reacted to the green flag more quickly than the #16 (though entirely legally), and when he noticed the speed difference between #06 and #16 he tried to avoid contact.
The difference in reaction time was too much to overcome and there was contact. The #16 was sent into the #05.

This is a racing incident. No penalty.
Quote from xenoa :Protest against car #4, assraped #14 in braking at the end of lap 3 and caused us to spin....

Your replay does not show any of this, please attach correct replay.
-
(three_jump) DELETED by three_jump
Quote from DeadWolfBones :

#06 reacted to the green flag more quickly than the #16 (though entirely legally), and when he noticed the speed difference between #06 and #16 he tried to avoid contact.
The difference in reaction time was too much to overcome and there was contact. The #16 was sent into the #05.

This is a racing incident. No penalty.

Nevertheless, sorry to 3id and Inferno for the incident. I hope you can both recover well from it.
• Lap 69
• Cars #2 and #35
• Turn 1
• Too agressive overtaking by #2 leaving #35 no space at all and a little tap. This wasn't the first but the third time, only by #2!

/edit: we dont have the replay since Bas is still driving
/edit#2: we got the replay here: http://f1rst.cyxian.nl/moe1.mpr ..However the mprEdit doesn't seem to work so you'll have to skip to lap 69, sorry :/
Quote from joshdifabio :Nevertheless, sorry to 3id and Inferno for the incident. I hope you can both recover well from it.

np, i thought it would end up like this tbh, but thought the admins might like to see why you shouldn't let cars bunch up so close
Quote from xenoa :Protest against car #4, assraped #14 in braking at the end of lap 3 and caused us to spin....

New version of the rpl...should work now...i checked it myself

There is contact between #05 and #12 resulting in a spin for #12. #12 standing on track, #14 can't avoid crash with #12. #04 hits #12 due crash with #12. The time in which it happened is very short. #04 did not get a Yellow flag by LFS and did brake full and shift back all the way back to 1st gear in order to reduce as much speed as possible.

Based on the replay #14's protest against #04 has been deemed as a race incident. No penalty.
Time: 2h 10m 30sec
Lap 55 (there on 58)
#30 against #4
2nd sector, corner before the oval
Replay: http://www.mercuryracingteam.com/moe4_ky3_2h10.mpr

Driver had considerable amounts of lag for at least that lap and was disappearing and reappeaing throughout, room was given for the inside and after being punted up the rear in a straight line approaching the corner the lag sent our car spinning. The replay does show the #4 car reappear and on collision course with our rear end and just before there was contact the #4 car jumps away and our car spins from the contact it predicted due to their lag.
The replay is all but useless because none of their actions are real, however if you watch in slow-mo you can see what happens as a result of lag, its impossible for it to happen by our actions alone.
On LFS Remote the car was going all over the place too, but as they'd only just joined the track from a pitstop there wasnt much warning before they were on top of us and our car was sent spinning without our actions being the reason.
Quote from three_jump :can you please check if the replay shows the incident. it seems to be corrupted (meaning not showing the incident, nor can we select all cars).

The whole replay is corrupt, but you can still alt+tab through to our car, or hang around for a while until the #4 reappears, but its rather like a UFO sighting.
hmm, even that cant be done, it seems everything is broke right now, including the server!
i'll upload the whole damn replay then
http://www.mercuryracingteam.com/stint_3.mpr

Thats the full stint replay, its right at the end and even that doesnt seem to be able to select exactly who you want, but it shouldnt be missing drivers, im guessing MPREdit didnt appreciated the lag screwed replay much.
Quote from Thommm :• Lap 69
• Cars #2 and #35
• Turn 1
• Too agressive overtaking by #2 leaving #35 no space at all and a little tap. This wasn't the first but the third time, only by #2!

Ok, it was kind of aggressive, but, you knew that I will try to pass you and I think that I made it clear. So if you had braked a little earlier, that incident could have been avoided, my opinion.

We had some little tap before, that's right, but it wasn't my fault. You could let some more room, when I'm trying to overtake you. For example in Lap 36 after Turn 1. I took the outside line, but you didn't let me any room, so we touched. That really wasn't my fault.
Lap: 3 after restart
Cars involved: #37 and #39
U Turn before 1 split
Description: Car #37 tapped #39 and caused that we've left track and lost 2 positions.

Replay attached, edited by MPREdit.
Attached files
protest_against_37.mpr - 629.9 KB - 270 views
• Lap 9, 10, 11, 12 after restart
• Chicane after oval
• The car is gaining a huge advantage due to extreme cutting so we're not able to pass them

edit: no replay available yet
Quote from Makao :Lap: 3 after restart
Cars involved: #37 and #39
U Turn before 1 split
Description: Car #37 tapped #39 and caused that we've left track and lost 2 positions.

Replay attached, edited by MPREdit.

#37 attempted a late braking maneuver, but was as low on the track as he could go and was in control of his car. #39 came down to defend his position (or didn't know #37 was there) and clipped across his front nose. This is a racing incident. No penalty.
Quote from Thommm :• Lap 69
• Cars #2 and #35
• Turn 1

/edit#2: we got the replay here: http://f1rst.cyxian.nl/moe1.mpr ..However the mprEdit doesn't seem to work so you'll have to skip to lap 69, sorry :/

Cars involving: #2, #35
#2 tried to pass / outbrake #35 in lap 69 (for #35) on T1. Normal racing incident as #35 knew that the car was next to them before the break point.

Pass was OK. Normal racing incident

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG