The online racing simulator
Yea, at the moment I'm hurting on money so 12k would be quite a stretch without getting a loan. Apparently I am one of the few Americans who doesn't like loans and will avoid them as much as I can, therefor I am stuck with my Neon but in all honesty I love the car. It's not that bad to drive, it is very reliable and hasn't been to the shop for more than general maintenance and 2 breakdowns... (Overall cost of maintence and buying the car straight up I've spent rought $85 a month on it for 4 years running strong ) It's about taking care of the car really, but besides the point, I do want the SRT-4, ACR version would be a real kicker to it, so I envy you!
=) It's a blast and I wouldn't trade it for anything at the moment.

The regular neon is ok, the engine has a bit to be desired, but then so do civic engines Best words I can think of for a Civic is "Wait for it...wait.... wait, just a few more revvs.... there it is!!"

Have seen 03's for much less but these cars are worthless without the LSD.
riceboy heck i drive all american muscle and i like the imports some times
My Mazda MX-3 Could beat the crap out of an SRT-4 anyday All it is to me is a suped up neon.
Haha ok =) You keep thinking that
Quote from hatchbackhero23 :My Mazda MX-3 Could beat the crap out of an SRT-4 anyday All it is to me is a suped up neon.

my volvo v70 could beat the crap out of ur mazda
Quote from batteryy :my volvo v70 could beat the crap out of ur mazda

My wifes Rover 200 could pummel your V70
how about i settle this argument my1986 montecarlo will smoke all of ur imports
Quote from robbielayton :how about i settle this argument my1986 montecarlo will smoke all of ur imports

Dodge isn't an import... Wait I see a corner coming, shame, it was such a nice monty too... That new flame painjob looks very realistic!
so u no it is called the neon srt-4 and y isnt it a neon look at the body....... lol and i think its has to much power for what it is a front wheel drive car my mini may not be as quick in a str8 line but i will definately leave u for dust in an autocross track no offense
As soon as I seen SRT-4 in the title and that it was a 2 page thread I knew it was full of a shitload of pissing and moaning about how shitty the srt4 is. People hate this car simply for the fact that other people do.

It has to be the most unlawfully rated car in recent history. I personally dislike neons (i'm 6'3 and hit my neon everything), and the fact it resembles one (this is basically the basis for srt4 hate) but as mentioned before nothing about this car is a neon and it performs in all aspects better than anything even near its price range, and a handful of cars out of its price range.

These cars are basically a factory alternative to what most budget racers usually spend more money doing, only better
Quote from batteryy :my volvo v70 could beat the crap out of ur mazda

I doubt that but its cool because i dont have it anymore
Quote from Christopher Raemisch :He needs to get teh timing down better, you don't need to double clutch at all, all it is is double the wear on the clutch and throw out bearing. These syncro's are tough, just a bit stiff, they use a brass selector fork though so try not to jam it in gear but.. =)

my cousin is just stupid... trust me
Quote from kamilek12 :so u no it is called the neon srt-4 and y isnt it a neon look at the body....... lol and i think its has to much power for what it is a front wheel drive car my mini may not be as quick in a str8 line but i will definately leave u for dust in an autocross track no offense

Ehhh ok, sure, nevermind that the ACR is the best handling FWD on the market, has won multiple autox championships and has won the 2wd rally championship in the states since the car was first introduced, even the works edition mini is slower and performs less than the ACR. Stock SRT-4 is more capable than a mini, just drives differently, no offense.

Cooper Works (which costs near $25,000, about 2k more than the ACR)
0-60 6.5-8.7 (who in the heck would make these cars do 0-60 in 8.7 is anyones guess)
60-0 123-130ft
1/4 mile 15.0- 15.5
skidpad .87-.91 which is equivelent to the standard SRT, but because of the light weight it's probably easier to drive. SRT's are front end heavy and only a competent driver will be able to reach that kind of traction.

If your mini is a cooper works they in an autox I would think it would be a fun race for both of us if you went against the ACR. The mini is lighter and better balanced, but lacks the power and brakes. But then autox is all about keeping momentum and the mini would probably be better suited. A cooper-s against a regular SRT would be a close autox again and it would be up to the drivers. If both drivers had the same skills I would say SRT, but not by much.

Get on a racetrack and the mini's advantage is taken away, not because of the power of the SRT, but because of the larger corners, which the srt could sit into better and take advantage of the better skidpad.

The SRT-4 is a budget car for sure, people knock it because it 'looks' like a neon but it's the only FWD car on the market that is capable of keeping up to a WRX or EVo once the awd advantage is done IE 30MPH =) which cost considerably more. They are a great daily driver and a good car to start into trackdays. The chassis is stiff, stiffer than the civic's, the engine is powerful, the brakes are competent, and the fully independent suspension gives it a good base to work from while keeping the costs lowish.

I keep defending the SRT, but my heart is in RWD's, just cannot afford one really. People really need to give this car a chance, it's more capable than anything out there currently.
lol 8.3 is for the standard mini cooper non-s with 115 hp and bmw underestimate the mini saying it does 0-60 in 7.2 seconds i for a fact know my stock one did 0-60 in 6.4-6.6 ( this is stock mini cooper s not john cooper works) i actually timed it and yes on an auto-X track it would be a really fun and pretty close but still i dont think americans are good at makin fwd cars and ur right it is nose heavy. but in a drag race i def am alot slower its all about the driver thts what i say
Quote from hatchbackhero23 :I doubt that but its cool because i dont have it anymore

me neither the car is my dads, and it haves only 175 hp with 2.5 litre engine
-
(Christopher Raemisch) DELETED by Christopher Raemisch
Quote from batteryy :me neither the car is my dads, and it haves only 175 hp with 2.5 litre engine

What kind of car? Mine was a !993 Mazda MX-3 with the 2.5l KLZE engine swap. 200bhp stock!!!!
Quote from hatchbackhero23 :What kind of car? Mine was a !993 Mazda MX-3 with the 2.5l KLZE engine swap. 200bhp stock!!!!

volvo v70 -99 or -00. it sounds great, only bad thing is its fwd -_-
can som1 just make the sound for csr for me plz

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG