The online racing simulator
srt-4 neon sound like this can any 1 make
101 view and no replay
And I think its very sad that you bothered to reply just to be sarcastic...
and i think its funni and true lol y would u by a riced out neon thts all tht the srt4 is?
Quote from kamilek12 :and i think its funni and true lol y would u by a riced out neon thts all tht the srt4 is?

The SRT-4 is not a riced out Neon, heck what is rice about it in the first place? It's American, it's not even showy, it has a decent amount of power behind it... SRT-4 and Neon's have nothing to do with each other, besides the fact that Dodge makes both, they are both 4-cylinders, and they are both front wheel drive.
srt4 neons that i seen are non ricer when you pulling 950hp at the wheels
#8 - Jakg
I know a certain Raemisch will kill me for saying this but why on earth would you want 950 HP at the front wheels?!

That's worse than people swapping Evo engines into my car :X
bc i already have it at the back
Quote from blackbird04217 :The SRT-4 is not a riced out Neon, heck what is rice about it in the first place? It's American, it's not even showy, it has a decent amount of power behind it... SRT-4 and Neon's have nothing to do with each other, besides the fact that Dodge makes both, they are both 4-cylinders, and they are both front wheel drive.

yeh, but still id take SRT-4. my mother owns a neon and i can tell u, it sucks big time
my cousin has an srt4 that pushes 400 hp. too bad my cousin doesn't know how to drive manual like a normal person. by that i mean double clutching just to show off.
Quote from 12yrold :my cousin has an srt4 that pushes 400 hp. too bad my cousin doesn't know how to drive manual like a normal person. by that i mean double clutching just to show off.

:riceboy:

Please don't speak... ever.
time to tell a story!

my uncle bought a neon SRT-4 then he turned into a dumbass by having a baby with someone he was not even married with then he got scared of it so he left her and went to his x-wife (the one who he left when he had his first kid with) and then had another kid but stayed with her.

really the point is neon SRT-4's make people stupid.
kthxbai.

BTW this is a true story.
Quote from batteryy :yeh, but still id take SRT-4. my mother owns a neon and i can tell u, it sucks big time

Tell you what, when you are still side-by-side a Bentley cont. GT over 110MPH with neither gaining then I will say that the SRT-4 might suck. The regular SRT-4 handles just as well as a type-R, just behaves differently. The ACR version, which I have, will eat every other FWD for breakfast and after 30MPH it handles slightly better and accelerates slightly faster than an evo or wrx.

230BHP @ 5200 and 250ft-lbs from 2400-4400. I personally have ran 13.7's in the 1/4 factory and it's the best handling car I have ever driven. It's equivelent to a boxterS, just behaves differently. For 12k pounds it's well worth it if your funds are low, you won't find a stronger, more capable car.

The engines make 275 or so at the crank and factory internals are capable of handing 350BHP as per Dodge. I have heard of many many people running over 400BHP on factory internals though just bolt-ons. The engine is capable of over 800BHP and over 1200BHP with a stroker kit.

The only thing 'Neon' with this car is the uni-body and the 4 doors. All body panels are different, driveline is different (with a quaife LSD and equal length half-shafts), engine is different, suspension is different, brakes are different, even the seats are different, the same seats out of the Viper, and man are they comfy.

0-60 5.2-5.6 (depending on magazine)
60-0 110 feet
1/4 mile 13.8 my slip http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Neon-SRT-4-Timeslip-9091.html
slalom 69MPH (ACR is 73-76MPH)
Skidpad .89G (ACR .93-.96)

I know stats blah blah blah but stats are used in the professional arena to show what the car can be capable of, obviously it's down to the driver so these stats only mean as much as driver is capable of, but here they are.

These are not neons, otherwise they would be called the Neon SRT-4, they are not, they are only called the SRT-4. This car was designed by the Viper engineering team and don't knock it until you have sat in one =)

Up long hills I can chug up at 1700-1800 or so and pull 5pounds of boost. at 2k it goes to 14 pounds. Normally the turbo will spool after 2k with full boost hitting at 2200, full boost is 14PSI.

On topic if anyone can make an SRT-4 engine sounds I would love to hear it! Shame the powerbands couldn't come with it too, torque FTW.

Quote from pinoykid13 :my cousin has an srt4 that pushes 400 hp. too bad my cousin doesn't know how to drive manual like a normal person. by that i mean double clutching just to show off.

He needs to get teh timing down better, you don't need to double clutch at all, all it is is double the wear on the clutch and throw out bearing. These syncro's are tough, just a bit stiff, they use a brass selector fork though so try not to jam it in gear but.. =)

Quote from Jakg :I know a certain Raemisch will kill me for saying this but why on earth would you want 950 HP at the front wheels?!

That's worse than people swapping Evo engines into my car :X

Ohh I agree, doesn't make much sense to me either. I only bought this car because it had good performance and was cheap, I would much rather have a RWD car but it just doesn't fit my lifestyle, especially now that Lyla is here and I am a Daddy! FWD's tend to get slightly better MPG, have less 'offs' in the rain and then Aimee can drive it if it comes to it. http://www.new.facebook.com/ho ... id=62092&id=709047213
Quote from mutt107 :time to tell a story!

my uncle bought a neon SRT-4 then he turned into a dumbass by having a baby with someone he was not even married with then he got scared of it so he left her and went to his x-wife (the one who he left when he had his first kid with) and then had another kid but stayed with her.

really the point is neon SRT-4's make people stupid.
kthxbai.

BTW this is a true story.

not a big deal to have a baby when not married these days. my bigbro's GF had a baby with him when they were 16 and not married. now she's a half year old little girl(the baby they had)
#16 - Jakg
Is there a RHD version of the SRT-4?

How much did you pay to import yours, Chris?
Quote from Jakg :Is there a RHD version of the SRT-4?

How much did you pay to import yours, Chris?

No they only made the SRT-4 in the States. Not sure if you could put the 2.4 into a RHD though. I don't know what would have to be changed, I know the steering rack is different in the SRT-4 so that alone would have to be custom made if you want the same steering ratio.

It was $700 to get here and another 1k pounds to fit an immobilizer and get it ready for UK roads. Insurance is cheap, I am insurance group 8! I get about 30MPG down the highway and mid 20's in town if I am not on it. Although I did 15 laps at Silverstone and I went through 3/4 of a tank or thereabouts!

Dodge still makes the SRT-4, but in the Caliber now. Makes 280BHP but is still FWD. They are considering last I heard to make an AWD package for it since they now have the space for the driveline.

Someone could get one of these cars over here and on the road for less than 8k pounds. The sound alone is worth it IMO =) you-tube doesn't do it justice.
#18 - Jakg
Your car is 3 insurance groups under mine?

*kills self*
Quote from Jakg :Your car is 3 insurance groups under mine?

*kills self*

=)

Saying that when I went to go renew with AA they requoted me over 1k pounds so they may have caught on to how much performance these vehicles really have, but when I was in the states my insurance was cheap too.
Quote from batteryy :not a big deal to have a baby when not married these days. my bigbro's GF had a baby with him when they were 16 and not married. now she's a half year old little girl(the baby they had)

but its just not right to leave someone with a kid YOU made for your ex wife.
i gotta admit the neon sounds quite good
Quote from mutt107 :but its just not right to leave someone with a kid YOU made for your ex wife.

yes, that aint right. but i talked on the thing that having baby when not married
Quote from G!NhO :i gotta admit the neon sounds quite good

The SRT-4 is not a Neon just so your aware, I've already posted this in this thread and so have others but its a point that a lot of people (not only on the forum) seem to miss.

On a related note, I really wanted the 2005 SRT-4 but then they changed to the Caliber as said, and personally I find the thing ugly as crap, nor am I a fan of hatchbacks like they made it...

Ah well though, what am I gonna do about it? Wait until I can afford the viper :P
Quote from batteryy :yes, that aint right. but i talked on the thing that having baby when not married

yea you can have a kid as long as you stay with it and not run away cause your scared
Quote from blackbird04217 :The SRT-4 is not a Neon just so your aware, I've already posted this in this thread and so have others but its a point that a lot of people (not only on the forum) seem to miss.

On a related note, I really wanted the 2005 SRT-4 but then they changed to the Caliber as said, and personally I find the thing ugly as crap, nor am I a fan of hatchbacks like they made it...

Ah well though, what am I gonna do about it? Wait until I can afford the viper :P

Yeah not a huge fan of it myself either. You can get 05's for 12-15k or so I think. Sorry, but I can't sell my ACR =P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG