The online racing simulator
Your opinions??? I just
(23 posts, started )
Your opinions??? I just
I keep changing things, I can't decide if I am happy with it or not...

Is this skin good, bad or ugly?

Something constructive would be useful. If you could change anything what would it be? I'm lost and don't know where to go now! I intend on removing my name from the front wings but apart from that.... there is something else I am not happy with but I can't put my finger on it. Go easy on me, its my first skin!

Please consider that this image has been compressed a little so quality may be compromised.
Attached images
RaGe.jpg
#2 - Tur8o
Meh ok
Quote from Tur8o :Meh ok

Did I say constructive or did I say.... post some useless bollocks? Ummm grow up you pathetic little child!
Pretty good though I'm no fan of sponsors on cars which you really don't have ... ^^
Like fake sponsors
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Pretty good though I'm no fan of sponsors on cars which you really don't have ... ^^
Like fake sponsors

They look like logos of things he probably does have, which gave him the idea to use them.

The skin looks fairly good (i'm guessing this is your first as i've not seen any others of yours), a few logos look like they could be made a bit more central (Logitech being most noticeably off centre a tad). A better shot of the side would be nice so I could say more, but from those angles it doesn't look half bad.

I'd lose the fake vents on the bonnet, they look a bit naff IMO.
True there beefy ...
Quote from Tim_J_23 :Pretty good though I'm no fan of sponsors on cars which you really don't have ... ^^
Like fake sponsors

Its a simulator, I shouldn't think anyone is sponsored by who ever's logo's the have. Its just trying to make it look better. Thanks

Quote from beefyman666 :They look like logos of things he probably does have, which gave him the idea to use them.

The skin looks fairly good (i'm guessing this is your first as i've not seen any others of yours), a few logos look like they could be made a bit more central (Logitech being most noticeably off centre a tad). A better shot of the side would be nice so I could say more, but from those angles it doesn't look half bad.

I'd lose the fake vents on the bonnet, they look a bit naff IMO.

BenQ, Logitech, NVidia, Creative and AMD are all products I have, Garmin (Local GPS company) sponsor me at a sport(if you can call it that). As for the rest... its just to spice it up. It is my first skin. Alot of people don't like the vents, I probably will scrap the idea. I didn't notice Logitch was off centre(thanks). Most of the logo's were to fill gaps where it was missing something.

Thanks for the guidence, here is a side shot.
Attached images
sideshot.jpg
Looks just like your typical local club racer if you ask me, looks alright.

Only thing i'd quibble about on there is the Comic Sans font you've used for your name. Head over to dafont.com and find something nicer.

Not bad at all for a first attempt.
I like this better that the UFR one actualy it nice for starer skin is atred of worse that this so good job
Quote :BenQ, Logitech, NVidia, Creative and AMD are all products I have, Garmin (Local GPS company) sponsor me at a sport(if you can call it that). As for the rest... its just to spice it up. It is my first skin. Alot of people don't like the vents, I probably will scrap the idea. I didn't notice Logitch was off centre(thanks). Most of the logo's were to fill gaps where it was missing something.

yes, thats putting sponsors in your LFS Car Skin, with the one you have in your computer machine,(e.g. I have HP,Logitechs,Intels so ill make them as my sponsors and decals, its an idea putting some sponsor decals for LFS Car Skin).

In my suggestion:
Well, maybe you can just put sponsor decals, like in both door sides for major and minor sponsors. Major should be big logo and minor should be inline small but visible. (e.g. One big major logo in the hood and both sides of the door... the rest minor sponsors in front and back or skirt sides)

About the paint? maybe its better to stretch the blue wave from the hood down to the bumper to make and look car more wide and stylish.

Not bad at all
Woah Thanks, this is more what I wanted, not like the first reply i got (Meh ok) and yeah, I was stuck for ideas, so I looked at what was surrounding me. I could of used more.... the list goes on! When looking at avaliable logo's i just kept finding more along the same theme. Apart from garmin, they are all computer related in some way, and the garmin one is not far off. Thanks for all the comments, very constructive!

edit: and mobil isn't computer related
To me the white bit on the front bumper sticks out a bit too much, just blend it with the current theme of black and green. Looks good
Quote from Psysim :Did I say constructive or did I say.... post some useless bollocks? Ummm grow up you pathetic little child!

you asked if it was good or bad so i said meh its ok
#14 - Jakg
MSI AND Asus?
Skin is coming along nicely.
I also have a hatred of Comic Sans though

Quote from Jakg :MSI AND Asus?

Mobo and GFX most likely.
i suggest painting the wing and mirrors black like the front or perhaps the blue color from the hood. Also I agree with beefy you should change the font of your name and move it below the window between the number plate and the motorola logo.
Quote from Tur8o :you asked if it was good or bad so i said meh its ok

Glad you can read, where did I ask if it was meh? What is a meh anyway?
I also asked for constructive, but I think your too dumb to find constructive.
Reading between the lines?
Quote from Psysim :Glad you can read, where did I ask if it was meh? What is a meh anyway?
I also asked for constructive, but I think your too dumb to find constructive.
Reading between the lines?

meh is in between good - bad...

no need to get nasty either offending me personally i dont like that kind of design but with improvement will look tight.
amd an nvidia doesnt come along well but besides that it is nice
i dont like the faded from black to white. They just looks odd. Perhaps you could make it more like the colour transition on the bonnet(hood)

Don't really think the carbon fiber wing mirrors suit the scheme and the logitec logo seems a bit big & uncentered. Rear CREATIVE logo doen't look central but could be my eyes + your name on the wings looks odd.

But that model is ugly anyway

I like the bonnet though that is def my fave part in top view.

the fake vents dont look too bad. I forgot they were not standard till i read another post.

Good start. You will get better the more you practice
niiice :D
niiiice work I like it, for a first skin, you did a great job nice gradient color change that is definitely logitech's theme =) don't worry about what others think, as long as YOU like it, thats all that matters, also, it might look crooked, but when it is on the car, the skin sometimes looks different depending on what angle you see it from, but it looks fine to me. =)
Quote from Deejayyaj :yes, thats putting sponsors in your LFS Car Skin, with the one you have in your computer machine,(e.g. I have HP,Logitechs,Intels so ill make them as my sponsors and decals, its an idea putting some sponsor decals for LFS Car Skin).

In my suggestion:
Well, maybe you can just put sponsor decals, like in both door sides for major and minor sponsors. Major should be big logo and minor should be inline small but visible. (e.g. One big major logo in the hood and both sides of the door... the rest minor sponsors in front and back or skirt sides)

About the paint? maybe its better to stretch the blue wave from the hood down to the bumper to make and look car more wide and stylish.

Not bad at all

you pretty much said everything that I was thinking. use major and minor sponsors. the colors you have would indicate that your major sponsor would be either AMD or logitech. use a huge decal of that on the front and sides. minor sponsors you fill in smaller everywhere else (sideskirts, quarterpanels etc)

i even wondered about the bumper color

but other than that, i like the idea that youve put on computer sponsors rather than race sponsors, because, as you said, this is a SIM, so that really makes more sense.
Why the bump?

Your opinions??? I just
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG