The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Round 6 Pre-Race Discussion
Round 6 takes us to Blackwood for the RX race of the season. Last season's RX race was, um, eventful, to say the least!

(If you missed it, go here for Deko's fantastic full-race coverage!)

Track: Blackwood Rallycross Reversed

Cars: XFG/XRG

Laps: 25

I'm looking for a good race here - a big fan of rallycross and hopefully will be fighting for the win. PB atm is a 1.10.30

Ballast to come soon.

Discuss the race here
oof i suck at RX D:
gonna be fun tho i hope
#3 - J@tko
Um, I think I made a mistake with my calculations with the lap count

The race will only be about 22 mins long, so I'm legthening the race to 25 laps, as this will be near enough 30 mins, as usual
Please, could we have some tyres in the critical places? I don't want to be spectated if someone push me in the 1st corner's sandtrap...
I don't think the blackwood RX will cause as much trouble as the FE one... It's just not as dangerous. Should be interusting.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Please, could we have some tyres in the critical places? I don't want to be spectated if someone push me in the 1st corner's sandtrap...

Was there a problem with restricted areas last round? Because I never placed any restricted areas
Quote from JO53PHS :Was there a problem with restricted areas last round? Because I never placed any restricted areas

You can see it by it yourself, I tried to cut T1, just to see what's going on if I do that, and I was spectated.
#8 - J@tko
It's the server-side restricion things.
Can we remove them? If not I might make create my own tyre wall type contraption to stop people going into them.
Yep - we just need Maz to remove them on the relay thing
I managed to get a 1:10.66 with 15kg ballast. The right front tyre didn't look too well after ten laps though - nor did the suspension...
Is there a restriction on where we can drive in this round? Because HLVC is super-restrictive on this one (touch the grass and it's invalid).

By the way: The server is password protected again with the infamous unknown password :b
Quote from Hypothraxer :I managed to get a 1:10.66 with 15kg ballast. The right front tyre didn't look too well after ten laps though - nor did the suspension...
Is there a restriction on where we can drive in this round? Because HLVC is super-restrictive on this one (touch the grass and it's invalid).

By the way: The server is password protected again with the infamous unknown password :b

That's very good going

I expect pole to be low 1.10.xx.

As long as you have 2 wheels on the black or brown stuff then its ok - we'll take off the anti-cutting for T1 incase of a T1 melee.

Server is unpassworded now btw.
Well - I haven't been able to get to that time again so far. I always seem to be able to squeeze out a very fast time and then keep pondering how on earth I managed to do that :/

Not to mention that I probably fail in the race again haha.
mm best is 1:09.63 so far
do a 1:09.xx pretty much every lap ;\

tyres do become a problem after lap 15 tho

EDIT:
hmm 1:09.39
just tried 25 laps ad my clutch was completely melted at lap 21
no idea how i can solve that ;\
ohhhh its reversed ((
dammmnnnn

epic fail
Just wait until you see the suspension damage on the reverse-track :b

Although I have to admit that I was able to reduce the tyre and suspension damage significantly. The clutch isn't a problem either. With that I was reaching stable 1:11.xx - 1:12.xx.

Apparently I haven't forgotten everything that I learned from my RBR times :icon23:
mm i dont have any suspension problems i think
i tend to over-rev the engine a bit tho on downshift
resulting in some popcorn sounds later on

meh 1:09.58 again

low 1:10, high 1:09 mostly every lap ^^
Quote from Fastwalker :ohhhh its reversed ((
dammmnnnn

epic fail

BWAHAHAHAHAHA... thanks for that bud, u absolutely made my day at work. i was killing myself laughing. very funny!
Quote from Fastwalker :mm i dont have any suspension problems i think
i tend to over-rev the engine a bit tho on downshift
resulting in some popcorn sounds later on

meh 1:09.58 again

low 1:10, high 1:09 mostly every lap ^^

Heh - I think I'll be happy if I finish in the top 8 :b

Although my Split times aren't bad (32.2 - 32.6) - but that last hairpin....
Either those 19kg are really bad in that last hairpin or I horribly suck driving hairpins.
Well - turns out that I drove one of my 'miracle laps' again with ballast and managed a 1:10.13 (it was even hotlap-valid). Of course I haven't been able to reproduce it but it seems like I have the hairpin a bit better under control, running steady 1:10.5 - 1:10.9 laps.
has anyone got a set I can try please? I'm using a set for going in the correct direction and the gearing is all off for going up the hill other than that it's fairly stable.
I was using a hotlap set, the tires were lasting 25 laps no problems and I was lapping in the low 1:12's

Then I too realised I was going the wrong f'in way and now I can even ge into the 15's
Assuming you're driving the XFG:

Try to not drift too much. Since the XFG is a front wheel drive the only thing you achieve by excessive drifting is that your car gets slower without being able to be closer to the inside of a bend.

What basically happens is this: Your car starts oversteering. Once you step on the throttle the car begins to understeer and you start going away from the inside of a bend which in the end means that you've lost speed without gaining the advantage of a shorter travel around the bend.
Try to be a bit slower so that the car does not oversteer excesively. That way you a) can be closer to the inside of a bend and b) you can step on the throttle sooner without the fear to lose your line in excessive understeer because your car is not extremely sideways to your driving line and also a bit slower thus allowing you to maintain a much more stable driving line.

At least that's what I'm doing. If anyone has better suggestions - please go ahead
Quote from Hypothraxer :

Try to not drift too much. Since the XFG is a front wheel drive the only thing you achieve by excessive drifting is that your car gets slower without being able to be closer to the inside of a bend.

But you can use this to your advantage by drifting into the bends

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG