The online racing simulator
Hopefully i will stay on track, and ill remember to use the right set. ( YES i went with RACE set to off road track. Once. it was awesome.)
Quote from J@tko :But you can use this to your advantage by drifting into the bends

True. But I find it difficult to keep the car from Understeering once it starts to drift. Hence I drive more or less straight into the bend and then gradually apply soft left-foot braking through the corner.

It seems to work quite nice for me - I practiced 25 laps today and got stable mid 1:10's with the best being around 1:10.1 - 1:10.4.
I'm doing 1:13's, not sure where I can go faster
FRO server down? Can't find it!

Replayz from fast peoplez plz!

P.S. Just discovered 'My Minicity' thing - link in sig plz!
Quote from Timdpr :

Replayz from fast peoplez plz!

Have you tried the hotlap-replays yet?
Maybe not as fast but with more laps (25). It ranges from 1:10 to 1:12 laps with reasonable tyre and suspension wear.

Be aware though that because of the ballast my car is understeering pretty badly at times.
Attached files
25 laps.spr - 1 MB - 223 views
Quickest I have managed is 1:11.4x and that was a miracle lap.
Made a Ballast calculator on Excel. Simply type in your championship position and it will tell you the Ballast for next round. It's kinda a replacement for J@tko if you want to see your ballast quickly, and it also allows you to see what ballast you will get for upcoming round if you predict you will be in a certain championship position.

It's mainly intended for use by J@tko to help him not fail when calculating ballast, but anyone can use it

Don't be overwhelmed by the epically high number of N/As!! They will be replaced with ballast amounts when a position is entered!

I am aware that if you put the same position in twice it will FAIL, but I'll fix that soon.
Attached files
LFSBC Ballast Calculator.zip - 12.6 KB - 190 views
#37 - CSF
If you guys still need a practice server, I can always hook up one of the [SR] servers.

However once again I probably will miss this event due to work and a party. We will have to see time wise I guess.
Quote from JO53PHS : It's kinda a replacement for J@tko

Gr8! Now we only need an insim that shouts random things on a raceday and J@tko becomes redundant
Quote from hyntty :Gr8! Now we only need an insim that shouts random things on a raceday and J@tko becomes redundant

w00t!

If I ever find time to learn how to program something, I could fix up an insim that will spam J@tko's most used phrases, including
  • /epic facepalm
  • lol
  • Ask deko
  • tbh
  • Haha!
  • :-)
  • I dunno
  • I cba
etc.
Quote from hyntty :Gr8! Now we only need an insim that shouts random things on a raceday and J@tko becomes redundant

Quote from JO53PHS :w00t!

If I ever find time to learn how to program something, I could fix up an insim that will spam J@tko's most used phrases, including
  • /epic facepalm
  • lol
  • Ask deko
  • tbh
  • Haha!
  • :-)
  • I dunno
  • I cba
etc.

Hahahaha thanks guys

Also, you'll need the programme to make a car drive around the track, crashing every so often and generally going rather slowly
Quote from j@tko ::d:d Hahahaha Thanks Guys

Also, You'll Need The Programme To Make A Car Drive Around The Track, Crashing Every So Often And Generally Going Rather Slowly

AI?

Aaaargh! Stop capitalising quotes!
Can someone bump this thread at 4pm today to remind me to epicmassPM everyone .

(Btw - If I've forgotten to send epicmassPMs by Friday, either you've all had it... or ask J@tko for infoz )
It's 4pm somewhere in Russia
It's 16:00 in Switzerland.
i think its 4pm for u now
quater past four UTC
Darn, won't be there on Saturday as I'm going out for the evening

Pity, as I think I'm fairly handy at this.

Ah well, see you all at the enduro, hopefully it doesn't fall in my half-term so I'll be here
I may or may not be in attendance, not too sure at this stage. Got to go job hunting
My new DFP has arrived! Its very hard to get used to, as its the first wheel I've had with force feedback, and that goes over 180 degrees. I also don't drive a car (legally!) I'm using realistic degree settings (720 degrees and compensation to 1) and 100% force feedback. Are these good settings?

I'm quite a lot slower, and a lot less consistent with this wheel. Do you think I should use it for the race? I know I will be quicker with practice, but I won't be able to get much before saturday evening.

EDIT: Why is it turning uncontrollably from side to side as I go down a straight? And when I spin, it turns to full lock and judders loudly and violently!
That's the force feedback working.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG