The online racing simulator
Trigger - Open Source Rally game
(8 posts, started )
#1 - Krane
http://www.positro.net/trigger/

Quote :Trigger is a free rally car racing game. Fun for all the family! You race a sequence of 6 courses, with increasing levels of difficulty.

Trigger is highly customisable, and it's easy to add new levels and vehicles.

Features
Current features
3 rally cars and 6 courses to race, plus more courses outside the main event
Realistic physics and car handling
Optimised heightmap terrain engine
Compatible with Windows and Linux
Stereo 3D viewing - anaglyph or shutter glasses
Coming soon
These are not yet features!
Support for Mac OS X. For those who are paying attention to this, an update: thanks to Matze's build system, darwin should be a fairly doable build target. Unfortunately I can't seem to get a cross compilation environment working, but it should be straightforward enough to build actually on the platform. As soon as I get a chance to do this, and make the inevitable small tweaks, I'll finally be able to release a Mac edition.
Newsflash: Xcode project available in downloads section, although untested by me.
Network/internet play. After a half-hearted attempt to integrate the Torque Network Library, I decided to forget it for the current release. However, I am planning to use it in a future release.
New terrain system. The current system is a pretty lame brute force rendered heightmap. I'd like to at least get some LOD rendering, and eventually I will probably replace it with (or just add in) a mesh-based landscape system.
New model code. This includes both support for more accessible model file formats and more optimised shader rendering. Current code is flexible but slow. Scratch that. It's inflexible and slow. (OpenSceneGraph perhaps?)

It's not that new, been on the internets since mid 2004. Maybe you haven't heard of it yet, I certainly haven't and I'd like to think I know pretty much everything about busty nurses.... erm car games

It's not really advanced yet, just way point 'rallying' without notes, but the physics are more convincing than anything crapmasters have put out.
Doesn't seem to work for me. I run the executable, the screen goes blank, and then I'm back in windows. The stdout.txt file shows this:

GLEW failed to initialise: GL 1.1 and up are not supported
It's okay, for playing all the content which is in the game. After that, it becomes quite boring
I would like to see some new rally sim coming out (other than Crapmasters' Colins or PS2's WRC series). No idea would it be this in very early v0.00001 stage.
deggis, have you tried RBR?
Quote from Forbin :deggis, have you tried RBR?

My post was a bit confusing but of course I have tried, just played it 5 mins ago. I just have a bad feeling that we'll be playing RBR for the next 10 years. I just can't see a sequel to RBR - even if it was named something else now that Richard Burns is dead - because the dev team that made it (Warthog) was bought by Gizmondo (a portable console manufacturer) and it just went bankrupt.
Closes right when i open it. But really, i dont think it matters. a shortcut to rbr is sitting right on my desktop
I just got Trigger for my Linux system, worked straight away... makes a change It's not that bad, just driving around a checkpointed terrain map, kinda weird steering, but easy enough to blast through the quick rally series, it took me 3 attempts to find out where to go on the Old MacDonald track, I can't be bothered going through it all again though. Good effort.

The other game I look forward to on Linux/cross-platform is Motorsport-Sim;
http://www.motorsport-sim.org/

mr_spoon.

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG