The online racing simulator
GTR intense overtaking
(23 posts, started )
GTR intense overtaking
Nice overtakes - you're using a mouse, aren't you? Or maybe an extremely low lock wheel, because that are some impossibly fast wheel movements.
I use an XBOX 360 Controller. That way I have analog for wheel and also analog for throttle and brakes, just like pedals.
wow!!! I once overtook an AI too!!
LOL, now that you say it, it's actually very apparent. And I was wondering how good the server's connection was since there was no warping as usually seen in MP replays. :doh:
yes its AI, but dont say it as if its easy, or boring.
The only challenging thing about AI is that they are wreckers. They don't know how to defend, are relatively predictable and take most corners ridiculously slow, especially when driving in a pack. No it's not "easy" as in I'm sure not everybody can do this, nor do I say this isn't can't be fun, but overtaking a human opponent that you've been battling for several laps is so much more satisfying.

Not only do you need racecraft (being able to race close but not crash / knowing instinctively what your opponent is going to do), skills (to be fast enough to not lose him) and nerves (enough concentration to keep the pressure on), you also have to play mindgames to trick your opponent into a wrong manoeuvre or make him lose his nerves and make an error. The AI is not and will never be comparable to this.
AI can be very fast in PRO, specially for new drivers like me.
O_O
ive never played S2 b4 but isnt the FZR supposed to be faster than the XRR ur vsing?
Quote from buusap :O_O
ive never played S2 b4 but isnt the FZR supposed to be faster than the XRR ur vsing?

nope they are the same
Quote from G!NhO :nope they are the same

What are you talking about? Go look at the hot lap charts, the FZR is quicker on almost every track... :eek:
they might have same power engine. on straights are almost the same, but the fzr is more aerodynamic, way more stable comming in and out of the turns, has better grip. the "mazda" suffers of more oversteering, thats why its more "drift friendly".
Quote from BigTime :What are you talking about? Go look at the hot lap charts, the FZR is quicker on almost every track... :eek:

ok but they are supposed to be nearly the same
I hate that XRR, its horrid to drive, it also has an orange 'drift' skin in the garage
Quote from james_bskt :I hate that XRR, its horrid to drive, it also has an orange 'drift' skin in the garage

yeah and its impossible to drift with
#16 - TG44
I think the XRR is sooo much easier to drive than the FZR... you can really push it to the limit.. the FZR keeps sliding all over the place

I'm suprized to see such a small amount of people that agrees with me.. almost everyone else thinks the FZ is much easier to drive

Quote from G!NhO :yeah and its impossible to drift with

.....NOT
Quote from TG44 :I think the XRR is sooo much easier to drive than the FZR... you can really push it to the limit.. the FZR keeps sliding all over the place

I'm suprized to see such a small amount of people that agrees with me.. almost everyone else thinks the FZ is much easier to drive

I think so too ...soo there are 2 of us
Nice overtaking... btw isnt it that WTCC Chevrolet Lacetti - FXR skin made by me?
Quote from G!NhO :ok but they are supposed to be nearly the same

LOL, true. I just wish they were a little closer.
Quote from BigTime :LOL, true. I just wish they were a little closer.

but you are the guy that always wins the MoE(?) with the XRR right?
Quote from TG44 :I think the XRR is sooo much easier to drive than the FZR... you can really push it to the limit..

Omg easier.. I have much experience with XRR and I thought that too before i started to drive FZR more seriously and now I KNOW that FZR is faster and easier to drive. Here is why: XRR have stupid turbo lag, worse brakes, easy lose control when you go over curbes, very low grip of rear end in slow turns, and it's the only GTR that get stuck in sand, so.. you must use full throttle whole time to go fast, must drift in slow turns to go fast, brake earlier than FZR, an be very carefoul when you drive over curbes. In races if have contact with FZR or FXR, XRR always get hurt. XRR only have a fair chance in endurance races length over few hours but all in all FZR is a better car to race IMO.

Only reason why i still drive it pretty much is becouse it's too damn funny to drive.
Quote from G!NhO :but you are the guy that always wins the MoE(?) with the XRR right?

We try. The new patch isn't helping much though.
Quote from BigTime :We try. The new patch isn't helping much though.

ah too bad

but i heard your name several times in SRT videos

GTR intense overtaking
(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG