The online racing simulator
LFS in-car audio
(41 posts, started )
#1 - byte1
LFS in-car audio
Is it possible to simulate in-car audio in LFS? In single player ofc. I have thought of Winamp presets and changing them forth and back with hotkeys V and Shift-V (changing view in LFS) - one preset would be outside the car and one inside the car.

All no-life-lfs-lovers-don't-like-any-suggestions stay away from this thread. Like http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=46683 here. Seems to me, that some "-1" posters there have mental disabilities.. Why the hell you can't/ask suggest???
Quote from byte1 :Why the hell you can't/ask suggest???

It's a racing simulator.
I've never ever seen somebody take part in a serious race listening to the radio whilst doing his laps.
#3 - byte1
Watch Topgear, then.
#4 - J@tko
I for one do not consider "TopGear" as racing.
#6 - byte1
Quote from Biohazard :I for one do not consider "TopGear" as racing.

And Stig is an amateur, also.
True, that is what i said with every single word of my last post.

In my first one I was referring to racing, not some british car related television programme. As good as TopGear may be, it is not a form of racing.
#8 - byte1
Quote from Biohazard :True, that is what i said with every single word of my last post.

In my first one I was referring to racing, not some british car related television programme. As good as TopGear may be, it is not a form of racing.

OK. But FFS stay on-topic not your LFS-related beliefs?
What the hell?!

Could please somebody else post here and tell me that he is the one being a bit weird?
Quote from Biohazard :What the hell?!

Could please somebody else post here and tell me that he is the one being a bit weird?

It's really getting me mad, that some users in this community, are so intolerant about questions they don't like. If you don't have nothing to say but solution, please don't post it. A'ight?

EDIT: I have read so many threads, were a new racer (mostly demo) comes with a question, which isn't so stupid at all and almost all replied posters just put him/her down. Just because they don't like it. And ofcourse all those threads, were some smartass posts "oh yeah lets close demo" and bunch of "+1" "+1" "+1" after that. If freaking hate attitude like that.
Quote from Biohazard :What the hell?!

Bio r right

i <3 bio
I'm really sorry this thread turned into a one on one discussion.
I will now try to give my opinion - which i thought i did with my very first post already. However, here we go.

You ask for in-car audio to be simulated in lfs. In-car audio is the radio/cd-unit/whatever plus speakers and what is needed to make all that work properly. You want LFS to take care of that - the game shall make the music sound different according to the view that is selected (in easy terms).

What I said was that LFS is a racing simulator. As such it simulates racing.
More precise it simulates track racing - not any street racing or whatever comes to your mind. Serious racing, if you want to call it like that.

Never have I seen footage of racecars rushing around the track with music blasting. Most racecars do not even have sound units, simply because music is not needed to race. In fact, it is unnecessarry ballast.

Now - you want LFS, the racing simulator of your choice, to simulate in-car audio even though racing and in-car audio are like oil and water?

I just wanted to say that your suggestion is absolutely stupid in my opinion - the soft way. Guess you didn't like that though.

Regards, bio.
I agree with Bio. In car audio can be saved for NFS.

I think we'll all change our minds when, and only when, a proper, professional racing outfit plays music in their race cars. Until then it can remain a stupid fantasy.
That's the way I like. You explained your opinion - I'm okay with that. But still, it's a kind of a "request" topic, not a discussion. Make your own thread and we all can discuss it there.
When I was a demo racer....I used to listen music all the time....especially while i was drifting....that s the way i feel better...i still listen music while i'm on cruise servers...the only time that i dont listen is when I am properly racing for points etc.
so be nice to people...
ok dudes he dont ask if its a good mod or if you like it if you cant made that mod stfu kthx
while its a good idea it'll never happen, thats why we have media players on OS, get a Multi-Media keyboard that does the trick or get a playlist up
I haven't even mentioned putting it in next patch, if that was your idea. And it's very possible I think.. Just don't have skills coding audio apps. With Insim it would quite "easy" I guess?
Erm just set up a playlist of tracks before you race perhaps?

Maybe you can map keys to control Winamp when it's not in focus or something.
Well, why does ~70% of the cars have a stereo inside then? I don't see how the suggestion is so hated. I don't personally care about a radio, I mostly care if the game have real cars in it, or better - editable... But at this point there isn't any of those. So, we wait and hope, and expect
Why are 100% of the tracks for racing? Because it's a racing sim, not a car sim.
Damn! People want Stereo systems in LFS?! One of my cars does not have a radio and the other car is missing a few speakers.
Personally, I always listen to music while racing/cruising, and it also helps me relax instead of going off my head when some idiot slams into the side of me. This is a Good Idea, But as Logical said, The Media Keyboards are FTW, I'm glad I bought the one I'm using now.
Quote from skstibi :Damn! People want Stereo systems in LFS?! One of my cars does not have a radio and the other car is missing a few speakers.

Did you people even read what I wrote??! I haven't said a word of building it into LFS.
Well I'm not sure about you guys, but me, I race at my best when I'm listening to my fave tunes. It takes my mind off the racing, whilst allowing me to concentrate on my driving, it keeps me calm enough to not make stupid mistakes... whenever I'm on LFS I have my fave toon's on WMP, even during hardcore CTRA sessions.

LFS in-car audio
(41 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG